Sign in to follow this  
bos98

I have lost my mind....

bos98

Alright this hobby is officially dangerous.

My watch winder arrived and it looks pretty empty... so I clearly need to fill it up.

I am thinking this is my next order

Screenshot2011-01-19at64542PM.png

Thoughts?

I dont have any of these brands currently, so I figure it would be a nice add to my collection.

I currently have my Breitling SA, and a Rolex GMT and SUB, and while I understand I could buy a nice used GEN for a bit more, I like variety!

Feedback please!

bos98

Also what is everyone's feeling on Quartz movements in chronograph Reps?

It would seem to me that the second hand dial is so small it would be un-noticed by most people.

AllergyDoc

Agree, provided the rest of the watch is really the same as in the A7750 models. And if one of the subdials isn't turned into a 24-hour-military clock. I hate that.

I like the titanium PAMs. If you haven't had a SS PAM you won't notice the difference in weight. Those Grand Carerras are nice. Some guys here say it's a good one to get in quartz.

Cynikal.Mindset

I'm looking at the Grand Carrera in Quartz at the moment from TimesShop

thunder92
I'm looking at the Grand Carrera in Quartz at the moment from TimesShop

Love my Grand Carrera in quartz. From HOS though.

w204

I have 2 bad Grand Carrera Cal 36's in 7750. I have to use one watch for parts to repair the other. These movements are modified from regular A7750's so you may want to be careful. The TAG's are the LEAST liked in my whole collection of watches.

If I was to replace them I rather get a Breitling Chronomat B01 or if you have to stay with TAG, get an Aquaracer.

turnipz

Buying 3 expensive ones like that should afford for some deals if you ask a good dealer. I dunno just something to consider. :D

NFleischer
I have 2 bad Grand Carrera Cal 36's in 7750. I have to use one watch for parts to repair the other. These movements are modified from regular A7750's so you may want to be careful. The TAG's are the LEAST liked in my whole collection of watches.

If I was to replace them I rather get a Breitling Chronomat B01 or if you have to stay with TAG, get an Aquaracer.

Yeah, the B01 Ultimate v2 with 316F steel are nice! I like the Tags too- Blue AquaRacer or Carrera are both good reps IMO. I'm not crazy about those

Cal 36 though.

greg_r

Good choices!

I agree with AD about quartz. Provided they're built in the higher-quality cases (as many are these days), they've got a lot going for them. If it was me, I'd be tempted to buy that Tag in quartz...

Del

That looks great. Don't get too hung up on your next purchase though because as soon as you order it you will arleady be looking for the next one :D.