Sign in to follow this  
sirsubsalot

Greeting from Florida!

sirsubsalot

I found RWI around September of last year, and I am broadening my horizons =)

I have bought a few nice reps and none have made me truly happy. I just bought a vintage sub rep and hope to give someone carte blanche over making it near-gen.

Current watches:

Gen: Vintage Sub transitional 168000 blk/ss, R16570A Explorer II white/PVD, Breitling Chronomat white/tt/brown croc, Tag Kirium white/polished, Tag F1 white/ss, Tag F1 blue/ss, Tag S/el white/ss.

Rep: 5513 vintagized

Edited by sirsubsalot

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse. Lots of RWI folks here too...including one bearded Admin :lol:

KBH

Welcome, since the demise of WM9, good Subs are awful hard to find.

Del

Hello and welcome :lol:.

sirsubsalot

I did a catch and release of a PBDAD that was astounding. I don't even know how to get in touch with him but his stuff rocks.

I actually am planning on being the first person to make a GEN replica of a REPLICA gen, I loved it so much =)

The only problem is gilt dials which cost A FORTUNE for gen

Edited by sirsubsalot

Balad1

Aloha from Hawaii

greg_r
I did a catch and release of a PBDAD that was astounding. I don't even know how to get in touch with him but his stuff rocks.

I actually am planning on being the first person to make a GEN replica of a REPLICA gen, I loved it so much =)

pbdad sells overpriced, badly vintaged junk (at least mostly) at high prices. His stuff most certainly does NOT rock.

sirsubsalot

Wow, that is some pretty hardcore slamming.

I thought it looked as good as actual genuine vintage subs I considered purchasing, and had a nicely aged gilt dial. It was the best looking vintage sub I had seen on RWI.

To each his own... I have never met the guy but the watch was beautiful.

If you have any suggestions for someone else to do vintage work, I would love to hear it.

pbdad sells overpriced, badly vintaged junk (at least mostly) at high prices. His stuff most certainly does NOT rock.

greg_r
Wow, that is some pretty hardcore slamming.

I thought it looked as good as actual genuine vintage subs I considered purchasing, and had a nicely aged gilt dial. It was the best looking vintage sub I had seen on RWI.

To each his own... I have never met the guy but the watch was beautiful.

If you have any suggestions for someone else to do vintage work, I would love to hear it.

I understated the issue, frankly. I consider him a scammer. Anybody who sells a 21J-based so-called "vintage" for $800 is ripping people off. If he was a member here, I'd ban him so fast he'd leave skidmarks