Sign in to follow this  
Mariner89

Has anyone ever been turned down at an AD?

LightGeek

Seriously though if they are going to be dicks I wouldn't go back there, or if you do go dressed up and ask to speak to the manager, if you have a nice newish watch show it him and tell him you were going to buy it from them but the doorman was a dick and turned you away so you bought it online

Absolutely.

JBJtw

The vast majority of people dress down when they aren't at work or going out on an evening out. If an AD doesn't let you in they are morons and don't deserve your business. Seriously it's a customers market and the balls in your court - watch sales is such a competitive business every shop should be bending over backwards to get your money. If they don't let you in they are too arrogant to care or plain stupid. Either way it's not a good business ethic. I would write that shop off my list completely.

I didn't get refused but had a snobbish and presumptuous comment made about my age in a high end jewellers in Leeds so walked out and bought my Omega four days later on a day trip to Cambridge (ironically a less snobby place than Leeds for jewellers I found!)

doktor

When my last car company car was up for exchange i thought of an E-Series Mercedes. Parked my three years old BMW 530 outside the entrance of a dealership on a Saturday morning and walked in, wearing Jeans, Sneakers and Hoodie, all clean and high image brands. Three salespersons on a desk in the middle of the showroom did not even look at me for 10 minutes, when i finally approached them and told them i am interested in an E-Series they did not even look up and just told me fo pick up the brochures from the display. I simply left. And got an A6 instead. It is up for exchange now and i will not even consider a Mercedes, although i would still prefer it. I just can't understand why anyone in sales and being paid on commission for the most part of their salary can be so idiot. I thought this was a German thing only, obviously not, reading this thread.

doktor

Oh, and i got kicked out of Showgirls in Ft. Wayne once, but that had nothing to do with clothing ,-)