Sign in to follow this  
hanss

What is the best site for quality? (http://www.silix-prime.so/ http://www.aootime666.com/)

hanss

Dear forum readers,

Because I have a really tight budget, I was looking/focusing on two websites:

1. http://www.silix-prime.so

2. http://www.aootime666.com.

My question is... Does anyone have an opinion about the quality of watches that they sell.

I'm mainly interested in Breitling and Tag Heuer watches.

Thank you for any information/feedback. :clap:

Best regards,

Hans

hanss

Dear forum readers,

Because I have a really tight budget, I was looking/focusing on two websites:

1. http://www.silix-prime.so

2. http://www.aootime666.com.

My question is... Does anyone have an opinion about the quality of watches that they sell.

Best regards,

Hans

onzenuub

Are all good. Just pic your dealer and next pic your watch.

nunu78

How can you "PIC" your dealer , do they post their pics in Section 8 :P. I know onze ill regret posting this but i can't resist :)

greg_r

Dealers do not make watches.

All of the dealers have access to pretty much the same stuff, so take your pick. Spend some time researching the actual watch you want to buy first.

onzenuub

How can you "PIC" your dealer , do they post their pics in Section 8 :P. I know onze ill regret posting this but i can't resist :)

You're dooooooomed. :P

onzenuub
goat+vs+train.jpg

nunu78

Can I say SORRY :boxedin:

onzenuub

yes-you-can.jpg?w=300&h=198

Left Coast Guy

IMHO, if you're not comfortable losing the money you put down, this probably isn't the hobby for you. You can get some really nice stuff and for a counterfeit product sold at 1/30th the cost of the genuine article, there is certainly immense value in reps, but quality and reliability are still not near low-end gens of a comparable price AND there is not much by way of warranty behind what you're getting. There is a very real chance you get a watch that has issues within 6 months and you're out your cash.

Not trying to scare you, just saying "rep watches" and "budget" probably don't belong in the same sentence....

BadPickle
IMHO, if you're not comfortable losing the money you put down, this probably isn't the hobby for you. You can get some really nice stuff and for a counterfeit product sold at 1/30th the cost of the genuine article, there is certainly immense value in reps, but quality and reliability are still not near low-end gens of a comparable price AND there is not much by way of warranty behind what you're getting. There is a very real chance you get a watch that has issues within 6 months and you're out your cash.

Not trying to scare you, just saying "rep watches" and "budget" probably don't belong in the same sentence....

:bollocks:

myaz

Quality is most subjective and I don't know the subject OP well enough but you are likely to like what you get through our TDs.

You do mention a tight budget. Therefore, first read as much as possible in the reviews section of this forum to lessen disappointments. For the 1st rep (yes, you'll get hooked and end up getting more), I'd avoid complicated watches with 7750 movements. If the ticking motion of the seconds hand doesn't bother you, get a quartz model as they are quite reliable.

Breitlings and Tags are great choices with a number of them being "super reps". Good luck.

RUSH2112

If I had a tight budget I wouldn't spend any money on reps. I would buy a nice seiko or timex and know that I had a quality watch with a warranty.

Sakurai

:bollocks: to your :bollocks:

:daffy:

Left Coast Guy

If I had a tight budget I wouldn't spend any money on reps. I would buy a nice seiko or timex and know that I had a quality watch with a warranty.

+1

BadPickle

+1

Where's the fun in that??

RUSH2112

+1

Being so short on cash you're worried about quality in reps is the definition of not fun. :bollocks:

WatchDog21

+1

Very true. It would leave no room for the unfortunate mishaps and people to come running back calling TD's names and all kinds of good fun; that and I would have nowhere else to post my goat and tractor pictures.

JSJ

+1

Very true. It would leave no room for the unfortunate mishaps and people to come running back calling TD's names and all kinds of good fun; that and I would have nowhere else to post my goat and tractor pictures.

What goat and tractor pictures?

:ttiwwop:

WatchDog21

+1

What goat and tractor pictures?

:ttiwwop:

oh my.... the force is strong...

mouse-vs-cheese-vs-mousetrap.jpg

nunu78

yes-you-can.jpg?w=300&h=198

PM Sent :P

Dr. Jimmy

OP, try Narikaa, he's got some very good quality affordable watches and great service. A quartz Tag micro-stepper might be the way to go for you. You may need to email him to see if he's got any in stock.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=103

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdm5cn4jyw2ky6b/AACGFyngxAdyQysIjaP83H4Va/MENS%20WATCHES%20UK?dl=0

hanss1

It lookes like a nice hobby to start with. If my budget gets a littlebit bigger and better, I will look for better replica watches.

Thanks again everybody for this great feedback! :-)

Best regards,

Hans

Bluenose

OP

I think it's all dependant on the type or brand of watch you're possibly interested. As others have said seiko's are truly brilliant watches for their price....the quality is amazing. Likewise they're are some good value reps, mainly manual movements which reduces chances of problems.

Also look in the homage section as some great value can be achieved....if you're in panerai I'd suggest looking at Jackson

Finally, there are great pieces that come up on the m2m section