Sign in to follow this  
heyicecream

Nautilus Jumbo 5711 RG/LE Too Masculine For Ladies?

heyicecream

Hello everyone, I just wanted to get a few opinions. I first went into my local AP AD looking at Aquanauts and fell in love with a Nautilus Chrono. Since then I have fallen in love with the simple and iconic look of the 5711.

I know I should wear what I like, but have never owned a watch with a case, bezel, and dial in that unique rounded squarish shape or in a leather strap like in the RG/LE 5711. I am digging the pictures from other posts of the RG/LE 5711, but does it look too masculine for wear by a woman such as myself?

I am also thinking of getting a SS/SS 5711 and looking at the options, the BP Miyota 9015 looks like way to go if I can upgrade the hands to the right ones. I haven't been able to find the "cheapo 21j" version from TD sites to sacrifice for the hands, rather which one is the version I'm looking for and/or how do I get the hand set for it?

Thanks for listening.

Daywatch

Hi and welcome. A black dial Rolex Submariner or an oversized Panerai are totally approved. About the Patek, maybe just take a look at the AP Royal Oak as well, designed by the same Gerald Genta. There is an exceptionally well made rep in 33mm and thin version (although it´s quartz it has no running seconds) http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1170.