Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

AP 15450 just released

_DC_

Spotted this on Toro (he seems to be getting lots of new releases before anyone else recently)!

It's the 37mm Royal Oak, for us puny wristed gents!!!!!!!!

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1800

Looks nice, might get one along with the 15202 come pay day.

Thoughts?

DC

George.

!

Barth

Too bad they slapped the (bigger) 15400 AP logo on it.

Jooost

I like it, got the 15400 in that style (white face, SS). 37mm is too small for my wrist, but a good choice I think when you got smaller wrists.

The only dislike I have with the 15450 (Rep&Gen), is that I think the bezel is a bit too big relative to the total size of the watch.

_DC_

Looks ok to me?!?

DC

_DC_
I like it, got the 15400 in that style (white face, SS). 37mm is too small for my wrist, but a good choice I think when you got smaller wrists.

The only dislike I have with the 15450 (Rep&Gen), is that I think the bezel is a bit too big relative to the total size of the watch.

Yeah, it's funny coz I always thought the bezel of the 15400 looked too thin relative to it's size, I guess it's subjective!!

DC

Jooost

Yeah, it's funny coz I always thought the bezel of the 15400 looked too thin relative to it's size, I guess it's subjective!!

DC

True, I guess it is. For me, I like thin bezels more anyway...

_DC_

The only real question is, which dial colour.... or do I wait for the rose gold version on leather to come along?!?

DC

Barth

Looks ok to me?!?

DC

Have a look mate :

Gen

ap_image.3719088.jpg

Rep

850825FireShotCapture77RoyalOak37mm15450BraceletA3120httpwwwtorobravo2015comindexphp.png

Plenty of flaws, but I applaud J12's innovation !!

_DC_

Looks ok to me?!?

DC

Have a look mate :

Gen

ap_image.3719088.jpg

Rep

850825FireShotCapture77RoyalOak37mm15450BraceletA3120httpwwwtorobravo2015comindexphp.png

It's weird, the gap between the logo and the 12 marker and between the logo and the "Audemars Piguet" signature look correct, but overall it does look a bit bigger.... not by much though. I'll live with it!

DC

George.

Couple of minor flaws but i think it looks pretty damn good. Tried a gen on recently, fell in love with it. I've been hoping something like this would come along (with a halfway decent looking movement!!)

The only real question is, which dial colour.... or do I wait for the rose gold version on leather to come along?!?

DC

Same feeling here, thinking grey or white... both look phresh

Barth

Now, should I get this or the 14790... Decisions

Robin195959

I'm not an AP expert but it looks good to me. Is the Gen 37mm ? More my size.

CedricWX

I love it. The movement looks great!

_DC_
I'm not an AP expert but it looks good to me. Is the Gen 37mm ? More my size.

Yep gen is 37mm!!

DC

_DC_

The quality of this will be a lot better, the 14790 isn't great in terms of fit and finish!

DC

Barth

The quality of this will be a lot better, the 14790 isn't great in terms of fit and finish!

DC

You've had it if I'm not mistaken ? Must say I'm tempted by it.

_DC_

DC

You've had it if I'm not mistaken ? Must say I'm tempted by it.

No I never pulled the trigger for the above reason, primarily the bezel bolts were very sketchy and no polished rehaut!! I've had the first 15400 rep and the old 15300 rep (the nice thin one)!

Worth noting thing 15450 rep is very thick thanks to the decorated movement!!

DC

Cdevil

The rectangular date window drives me crazy..

964boy

or do I wait for the rose gold version on leather to come along?!?

DC

YES

sov211

I have my new JF 15450 and it is gorgeous despite the minor inaccuracies - which on the wrist fade into insignificance. Everything about this watch is beautiful: the light play on the tapisserie, the light reflection on case and band, the smooth sweep of the Miyota 9015 second hand, even the slight whirr of the rotor as it works. The watch is well balanced, the case size and thickness on my smallish wrist is fine, the finish of all parts is excellent including the bezel screws. A very good rep of a beautiful watch.

_DC_
I have my new JF 15450 and it is gorgeous despite the minor inaccuracies - which on the wrist fade into insignificance. Everything about this watch is beautiful: the light play on the tapisserie, the light reflection on case and band, the smooth sweep of the Miyota 9015 second hand, even the slight whirr of the rotor as it works. The watch is well balanced, the case size and thickness on my smallish wrist is fine, the finish of all parts is excellent including the bezel screws. A very good rep of a beautiful watch.

:ttiwwop:

DC

sov211

I'd like to post photos but have no idea how to add them here. The 15450 with the Miyota 9015 has been keeping excellent time - beauty and brains!

mrgoodlife

this rep looks more like a Tf than a JF production . i like the smaller ros but this one is too fat

Lolo1972sg

Looks like not a lot of folks have bought the 15450. A few pictures of the rep (borrowed pics)Audemars Piguet-4_zpsvodyjhin.jpg:

Audemars Piguet-3_zpstci6i7xc.jpg

Audemars Piguet-5_zpspax1volr.jpg