Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

AP 15450 just released

_DC_
Looks like not a lot of folks have bought the 15450. A few pictures of the rep (borrowed pics)Audemars Piguet-4_zpsvodyjhin.jpg:

Audemars Piguet-3_zpstci6i7xc.jpg

Audemars Piguet-5_zpspax1volr.jpg

Doesn't look as thick as I thought it would, looks really good..... hmm I'm quite tempted!!

Any chance of a wrist shot?!

DC

Lolo1972sg

It is really not too bad. Again, photo borrowed from a mate:

AP15450 4 2_zpscaehczo0.jpg

AP15450 2_zpss3bcmxcp.jpg

Lolo1972sg

Another picture for reference (on a much smaller wrist):

IMG-20151127-WA0003_zpsejrn736g.jpg

Lolo1972sg

I just saw that Sov211 was here! SFYI: The above rep pictures were from Sov211

_DC_

Is there any reason you have the crown unscrewed? I assume it does screw right down against the case?!

DC

sov211

The photos that show an arm with hair (!) are of my 15450. The crown screws into the case perfectly tightly; the photo in question was taken before I set up time and date. The more I look at this watch, the more I love it - and it keeps excellent time. There have been fault-finding comments about the watch; I am quite aware that since the search is for a near-perfect replica, this is part of the game - and there are a couple of inaccuracies which I have mentioned but the case bezel screws are not one of them. The fit, orientation and finish are perfect as far as I can see. Sometimes I think that we simply look too hard for faults. In fact the inaccuracies which are present are minor in the overall presentation - which is of a high quality and beautiful watch. You can find fault with absolutely anything if you look hard enough and long enough (even the finish on tiny ball bearings) but at some point "good enough" is more than enough. This is another very good JF replica.

_DC_
The photos that show an arm with hair (!) are of my 15450. The crown screws into the case perfectly tightly; the photo in question was taken before I set up time and date. The more I look at this watch, the more I love it - and it keeps excellent time. There have been fault-finding comments about the watch; I am quite aware that since the search is for a near-perfect replica, this is part of the game - and there are a couple of inaccuracies which I have mentioned but the case bezel screws are not one of them. The fit, orientation and finish are perfect as far as I can see. Sometimes I think that we simply look too hard for faults. In fact the inaccuracies which are present are minor in the overall presentation - which is of a high quality and beautiful watch. You can find fault with absolutely anything if you look hard enough and long enough (even the finish on tiny ball bearings) but at some point "good enough" is more than enough. This is another very good JF replica.

I agree, looking for every single fault to point out is a waste of time, reps are all flawed, the most important thing is overall look and quality fit and finish!

DC

chaojijiayuan

Sacrificing thickness for the cheap looking decoration is completely unnecessary. You're better off getting the http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=700.

Toro told me that it's really not just 1mm difference in thickness, but the iced-out movement version looks a lot thicker than the ETA version.

So yeah, go with the ETA

_DC_
Sacrificing thickness for the cheap looking decoration is completely unnecessary. You're better off getting the http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=700.

Toro told me that it's really not just 1mm difference in thickness, but the iced-out movement version looks a lot thicker than the ETA version.

So yeah, go with the ETA

Yeah, accept that is a 15300 so it's a different watch, 39mm diameter not 37mm, but I agree the old 15300 is the best option if you want a thin Royal Oak and the 15400 is too big for you! The ETA does look crap compared to the decorated movement though, depends on your preference I guess!

DC

bowtiefanatc

I'll take ETA and better thickness, not going to be bragging about it to others and taking it off my wrist to show them the back. That's just me though

Lolo1972sg

It might have less to do with showing off but more to do with our own sense of security/assurance. Most of us want to buy a rep that can let us wear with confidence. That wish to get a rep as close to a gen covers all aspects of the watch, including the thickness and the watch case.

bowtiefanatc

That is great and all, but it's either a losing proposition or a rather pricey one. I bit the bullet and bought a TC Sub and no one knows the difference. With an AP, you're going to run into even fewer people who even know what that company is. As long as you're not boasting about it on Instagram or anything like that you should be good to go.

d4nn4ts

The hour-marker looks a bit short (if ones going to be very picky) compared to the gen 15450, so can someone please answer me if gen hands could be installed on the rep?

Nikita75015

what a beauty

pfdamion876

Hope they fix the 3 oclock marker soon.

_DC_

Huh?

The 3 o'clock market looks fine, what's wrong with it?!

DC

Godfathar

Huh?

DC

I think what he meant is that the rep 15450 is missing a small marker at 3 o'clock

Untitsssled.jpg

_DC_

Huh?

DC

I think what he meant is that the rep 15450 is missing a small marker at 3 o'clock

Untitsssled.jpg

I thought that was what he meant but was confused because the 3 o'clock marker is there on the steel rep, but indeed on the rose gold it's missing!!

DC

mikegemmill

Definitely my next purchase, thanks for posting pics! I've always loved APs but have skinny wrists :(