Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Bracelet with working divers extension clasp ??

PeterWorcester

Does anyone know where I can buy a bracelet with a working diver's extension clasp like the one on the Rolex DSSD ? I want one for my Submariner too, the bracelet on my Submariner has a "fake" non working diver's extension clasp not like the one pictured below

I basically want to buy a bracelet like the one below, preferably from a US supplier but i want a quality one so if I have to go to China or UK that's fine .

TIS,

Peter

DSDD010.jpg

greg_r

You should, in theory just be able to replace the clasp - but it might be just as cheap to replace the whole bracelet. The current ceramic subs and GMTs come with such a bracelet, so they're certainly available.

I'd suggest trying MReplica, Silix or WatchInternational to see if they can supply - just bear in mind that with CNY in the offing, you might not get the bracelet for a month or so.

KBH

I've never seen a "fake" divers extension Rolex clasp, although I've seen several people that didn't know how they worked.

And G, I doubt seriously that the GMT's would come with a divers extension, although I could be wrong.

10:10 Watch Repair

pretty sure my GMT IIc has no extension. Just got it this week though, I'll have to check.

SirDomino
I've never seen a "fake" divers extension Rolex clasp, although I've seen several people that didn't know how they worked.

And G, I doubt seriously that the GMT's would come with a divers extension, although I could be wrong.

The only place I've found is here. But they are not a "trusted" dealer and there have been reports of the products being dodgy.

http://www.watchcartel.com/item/Rolex_GLID...P_BAND/771/c146

It clearly states the band will not fit the submariner though, but the extension should. But for the price you could just buy a cheaper DSSD and remove it. :)

I would just contact some of the trusted dealer and see if they could source you the part.

Edited by sirdomino

Cynikal.Mindset

Just buy one of Lay's DSSD after CNY for 88bucks and get a watch and a clasp!

AllergyDoc

Brucereps on RG was selling the DSSD clasp. He had a bunch of them but I think he sold them all. They were pricey.

greg_r

Hmm - I could've sworn I'd seen a rep GMT with the extension, but maybe I'm dreaming.... thanks for the correction.

PeterWorcester

Thanks all for your posts.

I guess I'll probably buy a cheap DSSD again or take the one off the DSSD I have.

The real issue has become timing. This Submariner looses 40-45 seconds every 24 hours, so It's not a watch I'm going to wear anyway.

I will probably take the casing off and try the adjustment in DingleBerrry's post but I'm afraid to ruin it's waterproofing.

Cheers all,

Peter

KBH

Hmm - I could've sworn I'd seen a rep GMT with the extension, but maybe I'm dreaming.... thanks for the correction.

You're confusing the comfort link with a diver's extension. I just happened to have some pictures.

DSCN4429.jpg

DSCN4431.jpg

DSCN4430.jpg

And Peter, don't worry about the water proofing. If you use a little silicone grease, it will be more waterproof than when you started.