Sign in to follow this  
10:10 Watch Repair

GMT IIc bezel mod

10:10 Watch Repair

Thought I would post a helpful mod here too.

For all you owners of the GMTII ceramic, the big problem I had with mine was a very sharp edge on the inside edge of the bezel around the insert. No way it feels well made.

Here's the fix;

Uncase the watch, pop the crystal, work out the glued in insert with a razor blade moving around the inside edge. The bezel does have a lip (maybe this is why Andrew said it would take gen inserts.) which, as I suspected was the problem. The thin metal left over was razor sharp. I tried sanding it at an angle, but the metal was too thin. After consulting some gen macro shots, I decided to try to replicate the little flat spot at the top of the bezel.

Here's the watch taken apart. The bezel click is three springs. The type of attachment is the old wire in recess which is nearly impossible to take off if the bezel is tight like this one. The top inside edge of the bezel is SHARP.

gmtsand.jpg

Face down sanding in circles on 400 grit and then 800, a small flat top of the bezel quickly forms. FYI, it is important to have glass or something very flat under the sandpaper.

gmtsand2.jpg

Follow up with a green rouge polish, clean with acetone, work a little oil into the bezel springs, and put the watch together.

gmtfront.jpg

gmtside.jpg

feels perfect.

tissotman

great job looks good ive had similar with other watches and always a good wet and dry smooths them down

wat44

well done!

Del

Very good cls - nice mod :clap: