Sign in to follow this  
Callumz

The story so far

Callumz

The story so far

So I recently upgraded to my third year of VIP membership on the forum (winning a watch in the process) and thought it was about time I actually made a half decent post for once instead of the usual, limited amount given my post count, of drivel that I usually contribute.

I also won a cheap point and shoot camera on ebay and wanted to give it a test drive. So here, in no particular order, is the watches I currently have. Granted its not the biggest collection given I’ve been reading up like a junkie reading about heroin for the past 2 years on here – but I’m happy with what I’ve accumulated. I’ve currently got 14 in the “stable” with room for 2 more. I’ve told myself these spaces will be reserved for a grand Seiko and a gen speedie but the new IWC reps might just change that..

I originally kept my watches in one of the infamous tea boxes but then I decided to stop being a tight arse and splashed out on some nifty boxes from one of the supported vendors on the forum list. Costing a very high 18 quid each.

boxes-0001_zpsufewovne.jpg

Rolex

Starting with the most hotly debated topic on the forum: who has the best sub? It’s certainly not me: as mines has a dial defect. I may eventually replace this but ultimately I’m too lazy to care and if someone gets that close to my wrist ill have other things to worry about.

Rolex Submariner

I picked this up cheap on M2M for a song ultimately due to the “E” on superlative on the dial. Sold to me as BK sub (unsure what version?) and if it does indeed have a swiss movement then I’m more than happy given the price.

submariner-0001_zpsmchejdsq.jpg

Rolex Daytona “Gaytona”

This one is a bit of an acquired taste. 21J movement with frozen second hand picked up from nembo over on the geek. Really just a cheapy to wet my appetite at the time. I wonder how the new daytona reps with the new movement will perform..

daytona-0001_zpssqbz9mgj.jpg

Rolex Cellini

Picked this one up from Reg a lovely dress watch. Eventually I will replace the strap on this one for a nice gator strap. This one is probably my favourite rolex – a real touch of class.

cellini-0001_zpsprwg5vso.jpg

Panerai

Now onto a brand I had never even heard of until I found this place. My very first rep was a panerai 005. It arrived with the second hand detached. Needless to say this made me initially think reps were “a lot of shite” luckily I gave them a second chance! The infamous Hazz done a hatchet job repair on it for twenty quid and unfortunately the hand fell of again. I then tried to repair it myself.. and made a complete ARSE of it in the process. I’ll leave that kind of work to the guys with the certificates in Finland.

PAM 029

This is a beauty I picked up on M2M. I like this one cause it’s the easiest to read of my watches and has an awesome wrist presence on my chicken wrists.

pam029-0001_zpsw8yht2tj.jpg

PAM 360

This is the most recent watch to the collection. Having won it in the recent competition.

pam360-0001_zpssolder9u.jpg

Audemars Piguet

AP DOHA JF

This is the JF version of the DOHA with the modified 7750 to look like the AP movement. This has a surprisingly good strap for a rep. I picked this up from Ryan @ Intime.

doha-0001_zpsdadx6a0a.jpg

dohamvmt-0001_zpsudpmp9yv.jpg

AP Diver

This is from Reg 21J movement. I had this on an orloff black leather strap for a while but decided to go back to rubber as it’s the only rubber strap watch I have in my collection. I may eventually upgrade this to the latest and greatest or add the carbon version.

apdiver-0001_zpsrg6insty.jpg

Tissot PRC200

Picked this up as a cheapie from aliexpress. Decent for the dough.

tissot-0001_zpsripgy4lj.jpg

Breitling super ocean

Picked this up from Toro. Apparently has the “POS” clone of a clone movement. However, I’ve had this for around 2 years now and haven’t had any issues.

breitling-0001_zpsswpzlvqz.jpg

TAG Cal 1887

Got this on M2M nice watch for wearing to work with a suit.A7750 movement.

tag-0001_zpsd6hr7khf.jpg

IWC Da Vinci Quartz

Got this from M2M. Was surprised at the size of it when it arrived. This watch actually happens to be one of the few that I receive comments on.

iwc-0001_zpsm0alanyl.jpg

Patek Nautilus

I won this in another VIP upgrade competition. (I’m a lucky bastard – entered 3 and won 2 :))

nautilus-0001_zpsi43jlbp8.jpg

Gens

I also have a couple of low end gens.

CW Trident 61 Pro

Picked this up in the CW sale for around 300 sobs. Not bad considering it has either an ETA or SW200 movement and no pubes. Also a decent size 38mm for my small wrist.

cward-0001_zpsrdpms3h3.jpg

Seiko Perpetual Calendar Quartz

This was my first watch. Purchased from creation watches it’s the ultimate lazy bastard watch as it can tell what months have 31 days etc so its pretty much ready to go when needed.

seiko-0001_zpswxtkd21c.jpg

Gazzla

Lovely Seiko . . . :)

BadPickle

Nice collection mate :thumbsup2: