Sign in to follow this  
mag8

Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon, where to find?

mag8

I'm somehow of a noob here. I have been lurking for about a year or so, but haven't bought anything yet...i like to inform myself before

now the time as come, and I'm looking to find a Dark Side Speedmaster, by reading around seems like the most reliable ones are the quarz ones, but i cannot find them from TDs.

Anyone cares to send me to the right direction?

Thanks

frosty1980

I've been looking for one for ages too. All the reps are PVD coated, with only the bezel ceramic. From what I gather the PVD is just as bad as the rose gold for fading off.

elp

Have you tried asking Reg (Narikaa)?

I thought he had access to some a while back.

Good luck

dalboy

Have you actually Emailed a dealer and asked ? .... or just perused their site .

Dal.

mag8

Have you actually Emailed a dealer and asked ? .... or just perused their site .

Dal.

just browsed.

dalboy

Dal.

just browsed.

Then pick your dealer of preference .. and Email them .

They are available ..don't use the dealers websites as a catalog , most are out of date .. and remember.. " Dealers don't hold stock "

Dal.

ecs80

Hi, mag8, SpeedMaster Dark Side of the moon was my last acquisition. I bought it from Robbie (aoobuy) But As far as I know Toro and others TDs have it too. The watch have quartz movement, but is the microstepped quartz. The chrono function works, however the small second hands doesn't.

IMG_3821_zpswvegq9xt.jpg

Edited by ecs80

Kongor

just to expand on the above, the subdial @9 is the minute chrono, and the sub@3 is iirc a 24hour display - the hands are actually a single v hand to mimic the coaxial thing

it's a bit harder for people to tell that it's quartz because there are no running seconds

mag8

thanks for your suggestions.

and yeah looking at that pic again makes me want to buy it even more

NicholasShelton

They've come out with some really beautiful 9300 speedmaster reps, including the DSOM, but theyre really expensive at like 400-500 dollars

Mike on a bike

Had one just went out in a raffle SS version. You want me to ask winner if he wants to sell , Rolex guy so good chance.