Sign in to follow this  
nc35

Thoughts on the Asian 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement

nc35

Hi All

Don't buy many watches. Resisted the bug so far.

But my faithful Ultimate Seamaster from Andrew is showing it's age and has a slightly sticky date wheel.

It has been a faithful daily wear so no complaints at all

After lots of reading and forum trawling....

Looking to buy a new daily wear from Lay and the Omega looks tops at the moment. Hopefully being waterproof for daily showering etc.

Keep seaching for reviews on the Asian 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement for reliability and serviceability.

Going to be a daily wear. Alsmost never leaving my wrist (as I will forget to put it back on in the morning).

So any comments and advice very very welcome.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

greg_r

A7750 user guide here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6101

Some people have been running this movement for years without problems - others find it troublesome. My personal view is if you treat it with care it should give you several years of reliable use, but be prepared to spend money on getting it serviced once in a while.

Stick with the default configuration (secs @ 9 - which is what it'll be for an Omega) to avoid trouble, though.

nc35

Hi Greg

Thank you for the prompt reply. The link is one of the (many) posts I had studied. Very useful but made me worry about how fragile they are ;)

Also read Ziggys review when the mechanism came out. Though it was modded for a daytona.

Not sure who to use for service in the UK. A few I have approached don't touch the 7750.

Once again thank you for the reply. Feel an order with lay is on the cards tonight.

chum_2000_uk

I too would like to know who people in the UK have used for 7750 servicing. I really like my Tag Carrera, but it is not keeping good time, I'd like to have it serviced, the dial cleaned and then pressure tested.

Any thoughts on who could do this for me would be much appreciated

KBH

If you limit yourself to strictly 3 handed models you're missing out on some of the best looking watches in my opinion. I currently have 4 chronos and have only had one small problem with a sticky reversing gear on one and that was an easy fix. But I don't often use the chrono function either and don't recommend it.

Now that Robert is offering to have them serviced before shipping, I think you should seriously consider going with that option if you do buy a chrono.

greg_r

The pre-servicing that Robert is offering almost completely overcomes all my reservations about the 7750. I will certainly be buying my next from him.

Don't worry too much about that 7750 report from Ziggy - the secs@6 version as used in the Daytona has a very specific set of problems that don't necessarily apply when the movement is used in its default configuration (secs@9)

As far as servicing goes, there's no-one in the UK that I know of, but Domi in Germany is well regarded.

gB.
The pre-servicing that Robert is offering almost completely overcomes all my reservations about the 7750. I will certainly be buying my next from him.

Found it!

Cheers! :rofl:

t..

hey guys - i just bought a franck muller casablanca chrono from mary with a 7750 movement. after reading everything, i'm concerned and would really like to have the movement cleaned and serviced.

does anyone know anywhere that this can be done in canada? would it be appropriate to take the watch to any regular watchmaker?

chum_2000_uk

As far as servicing goes, there's no-one in the UK that I know of, but Domi in Germany is well regarded.

I haven't seen Domi posting at all, is that his username yeah? I may well get into contact with him and enquire about servicing my Tag.

greg_r

I haven't seen Domi posting at all, is that his username yeah? I may well get into contact with him and enquire about servicing my Tag.

Domi (yes, that's his user name) is a member here, but he has a subforum over at RWI, which is where he spends most of his time.

chum_2000_uk

Domi (yes, that's his user name) is a member here, but he has a subforum over at RWI, which is where he spends most of his time.

Cheers G!

nc35

Sorry to ask, but who is Robert????

Ignore me - PrestigeWatchCo :)

Edited by nc35