Sign in to follow this  
letti001

Limited stock liquid metal planet ocean

Andy-B

I sincerely hate this watch. On some watches is unacceptable the lume applying it gives lots of headache.

Sorry for causing you headaches about the lume... :)

letti001

I just ordered one too!. Nothing said about the lume. What would be the headache be? I paid for the DHL.

JohnG

:popcorn:

mindvision

Still waiting for my second QC too.

MilgramExp

My second QC was an imporvement. In my first the lume under the 6 was just too crooked to pull the trigger. Now I am worried there are going to be more bad flaws I just can't see in the pics. You expect a bit, but after the last run were the "best" rep of all time my excitement and expectations were red lining.

Edited by MilgramExp

Andy-B

My second QC was worse in respect of the lume than the first. I've asked for the first piece to be dispatched but don't yet know if Toro might have sold it to another buyer in the interim.

letti001

I asked for a second QC set of photos to compare. Will probably get it at 5am my time as that is the time that the emails have been sent. I specifically asked for a comparison and said I would choose between them; I think that is fair enough.

mindvision

I don't get why the quality is this bad. This is very unlike noob factory.

I'm cancelling my order if the second QC resembles the watch from the first ones. This is not a 150 USD cheapie and I'm not gonna pay 320 + 60 USD shipping for a watch that I don't want to look at as soon as the lume starts to glow.

Andy-B

Will post some pics when mine arrives. Have a friend who is holding off from ordering one until he's seen mine but agree that the QC on the lume appears to be pretty poor. My piece of choice had a dimple in the lume on the 11 and 2 hour markers but I hope they'll not be too noticeable in the flesh. Might put me off Noob factory watches for good depending on how it looks.

letti001

I have not accepted one as of yet. I wanted a comparison to another after getting my first QC pics. I received the QC photos for another watch and decided to go with the first; there was a misunderstanding and the first one was shipped to someone else. I think I suffered from not keeping my request simple and direct and it was "lost in translation". There are some more coming in for me to look at. I realize none are perfect, but I just wanted a frame of reference before deciding.

No problem being patient for me as I can wait.

JSJ
I have not accepted one as of yet. I wanted a comparison to another after getting my first QC pics. I received the QC photos for another watch and decided to go with the first; there was a misunderstanding and the first one was shipped to someone else. I think I suffered from not keeping my request simple and direct and it was "lost in translation". There are some more coming in for me to look at. I realize none are perfect, but I just wanted a frame of reference before deciding.

No problem being patient for me as I can wait.

Hmm it may not be your patience which expires first. The TD could become bored with the game.

UmpaHimself

On genuine rubber.

14519CAA-E8E6-4434-A9D7-CE3DE6DD5B6D.jpg

Nice dude! My favorite combo

I asked for a second QC set of photos to compare. Will probably get it at 5am my time as that is the time that the emails have been sent. I specifically asked for a comparison and said I would choose between them; I think that is fair enough.

It's not exactly fair to the TD because they have to purchase the watch every time you want a new one and hope the factory accepts the return of the one you declined. So yes, I think you are asking a bit too much. If you get QC and there is something horribly wrong with the watch, then you tell the dealer what the issue is and have them get you another one. But they have to go to the factory/supplier each time and buy the watch themselves and they try to explain the issue with the previous watch and negotiate a swap with the factory so they are not taking a loss. They don't have a bunch on hand to provide different examples and comparisons.

Andy-B

Toro has already stated earlier in this thread that he hates this rep due to the "headaches" the lume issue is causing. I do have a degree of sympathy for Toro but at the end of the day you can't expect someone to part with £$€ for something that'll just sit in a drawer due to poor finishing at the factory.

I was offered a choice of two pieces and went with the first, which had the least obvious lume issue IMHO. I made sure to specify the number as it appeared on the back of the case/QC e-mails to try to avoid translation issues as fortunately the two pieces offered had differing no. ####/1948, which may not be the case in all circumstances.

Anyway, its on its way now so we'll see soon enough.

letti001

On genuine rubber.

14519CAA-E8E6-4434-A9D7-CE3DE6DD5B6D.jpg

Nice dude! My favorite combo

It's not exactly fair to the TD because they have to purchase the watch every time you want a new one and hope the factory accepts the return of the one you declined. So yes, I think you are asking a bit too much. If you get QC and there is something horribly wrong with the watch, then you tell the dealer what the issue is and have them get you another one. But they have to go to the factory/supplier each time and buy the watch themselves and they try to explain the issue with the previous watch and negotiate a swap with the factory so they are not taking a loss. They don't have a bunch on hand to provide different examples and comparisons.

I certainly understand now. The TD did not seem to indicate there was an issue as he offered to have me look at another and is still offering and my interpretation is that he is understanding.

I have been very kind to him in my notes and apologized and was respectful.

It should be okay as now I have a frame of reference for this batch.

Sakurai

If I were in the market for one from the current batch I'd probably just factor in a KeNnY relume and seconds hand tip paint. IMO this is a keeper model, and if all else is well then those fixes would be so worth it. It is suprising to hear about these apparent lume issues from Noob though.

UmpaHimself

I certainly understand now. The TD did not seem to indicate there was an issue as he offered to have me look at another and is still offering and my interpretation is that he is understanding.

I have been very kind to him in my notes and apologized and was respectful.

It should be okay as now I have a frame of reference for this batch.

All good. If they are willing to work with you that's excellent! Just wanted to give you an idea of how it usually works.

Andy-B

Talk about quick delivery - 4 days!

Much happier with it in the flesh. Lume looks fine and only an ultra-close examination would spot any issue. Looking forward to getting the bracelet adjusted and trying it out. :)

LMPO.jpg

MilgramExp

Woof. Mine arrived today. Was expecting a lot more out of Noob. The feet on the Omega symbol on the face are a dead give away. The bracelet is chincy, and is not the screw ended pins, just pins that require pounding out to resize. It arrived without protection on the crystal. The lume application is skewed. And worst of all I cannot get the winder to recess without the date advancing (The necessary click-and-settle just doesnt happen no matter how many times I adjust my method).

Next to my 42mm Orange PO from Noob it just doesn't stand up.

The pearl is spot on for a chane though.

Andy-B

Looking at mine, where the G joins the A on OMEGA isn't quite right, and the [ZrO2] below "Professional" is nigh invisible. "SWISS MADE" at the bottom of the face sits a fraction too low. I'm no expert, but a few small tweaks from Noob and this could've been closer to a 1:1, however...

Perhaps the Orange PO from Noob would've been a better option.

mindvision

My TD is now waiting for the next batch before providing me new QC.

Hate the wait, but don't want a faulty one neither.

Kernow
Woof. Mine arrived today. Was expecting a lot more out of Noob. The feet on the Omega symbol on the face are a dead give away. The bracelet is chincy, and is not the screw ended pins, just pins that require pounding out to resize. It arrived without protection on the crystal. The lume application is skewed. And worst of all I cannot get the winder to recess without the date advancing (The necessary click-and-settle just doesnt happen no matter how many times I adjust my method).

Next to my 42mm Orange PO from Noob it just doesn't stand up.

The pearl is spot on for a chane though.

Get it services, that should sort out the crown/winder/date issue. An oil bath will help the bracelet too, shame about the pins not screws. If your Omega on the dial is like Andy-B's then it looks good to me: no happy feet. How about KeNnY for a relume, you could get it serviced at the same time?

JSJ

These are reps man. 'QC' won't guarantee one without any faults.

mindvision

These are reps man. 'QC' won't guarantee one without any faults.

Haha thanks. By faulty I meant the batch errors that appear to be common in this batch (very sloppy lume and crooked logo). Both faults that are very identifiable through QC.

TD confirmed this and wants to wait for new batch before selling these ones.

ByranM

If I didn't already have one I'd definitely get in line for one from Toro, it's a brilliant rep of a wonderful Omega. I really love the updated bezel and dial in combination with the slimmer case profile of the 2500 PO.

Mine says hi:

9618370152_54805400d4_c.jpg

Love the photos. I have to say it's a beautiful watch and every time I see an Omega it makes me want to go out and get one. I think I'll have to get one for myself soon and add it to the collection.

letti001

I just received a fresh set of QC photos and it looks pretty good and I gave the okay to ship. One received I will let you know how long it took and how it looks/works.