Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

How much has your taste changed ..

black263
Mine has not changed in over a decade... Still wearing my franken SOSF amd think it's the bees knees ;)

Wow. Five year membership. First post. Wow.

I reckon that's the new record for longest time to first post.

WatchDog21
Mine has not changed in over a decade... Still wearing my franken SOSF amd think it's the bees knees ;)
Wow. Five year membership. First post. Wow.
I reckon that's the new record for longest time to first post.

:lol: I guess that can explain the lack of any activity. Found what he wanted and end of story. No need to look or discuss anything else.

ca12bon

I usually hangout on repgeek or rwg for some strange reason I've never been able to find what I want on RWI

Edited by ca12bon

olympusdaytona8

When I was a kid I liked plain hotdogs, pepperoni pizza, and American Chocolate. Now I... oh, wrong taste.

4 years ago before I lost the email account attached to OlympusDaytona, I was into thrift/antique store American dress watches (Hamilton, Elgin, and the like), wore a Casio Edifice EF-547D-1A1 throughout high school, and every once in a while wore a Seiko S3 my father gave me. After finding this forum I wanted a vintage styled gold Daytona with black dial as well as a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Geographic. However, due to my college budget (read: no budget), I spent my Christmas money on a blacked out 21J Daytona which lasted a total of two weeks before I killed the balance wheel trying to regulate it.... 4 years later I now own a black dialed rose gold Master Geographic and actually make use of the dual timezone function!

As for the vintage Daytona, I've come to realize that its very gaudy to be a young person in a business setting wearing a "solid gold" sports watch, let alone a "Rolex"... so I'm looking at snagging a black faced stainless steel 6263 one of these days to replace my Casio as a daily workhorse. Something about chronographs with black dials sits well with me.

JSJ
I usually hangout on repgeek or rwg for some strange reason I've never been able to find what I want on RWI

Hmmm, great only this is not RWI.

Brilliant! :giggle:

Cdevil

I started off loving APs and now I'm crazy about Francken Mullers and the 6263 Daytona. I got myself a gen 1971 datejust and I need to get myself an omega speedmaster darkside of the moon rep..

The only AP that lies in my list is the safari. That was the watch that got me into haute horologie.

UmpaHimself

Ive been back n fourth on models but the brands tend to be consistent. PAM, Rolex/Tudor, Omega. I just got my first IWC but I have liked their models for a long time but I was always put off on ordering a Portuguese chrono with that time bomb movement. I've tried the odd B&R, Breitling and a few others but I always come back to the favorites. Now just trying to refine the collection to absolute keepers.