Sign in to follow this  
LNM1969

IWC XVI

LNM1969

All

New in today, same as me on this forum.

I am one _chuffed_ bunny.

I will upload better quality photos of it soon.

As I noted in my intro post, I've never actually seen a real one of these so haven't got anything to compare it to but I cannot see anything wrong apart from the pin on the buckle has about 0.5mm lateral play in its slot on the buckle. If I'd bought a new one, I'd be wanting a new buckle. I might go into the Goldsmiths shop near my work and complain, see what they say. (joking)

Lume on arrow and 3, 6 and 9 is matt. Paint on numbers and minute markers is gloss. Can't tell what the windscreen is made of yet.

"BRO SWISS STAINLESS STEEL" (they got stainless right this time, not like on the side of the Rolex 5512 ;-) ) "PROBUS SCAFUSIA" on the screw down crown surronding the IWC logo. I've had a look with a loupe and however they've done it they've done it _very_ well because the lettering is excellent. A11534 on the IWC strap. A 7 digit number presumably intended to be a case serial number on the outside and inside of the case back and in addition "3265" on the inside case back and same crown relief design etched or engraved on the inside .

It stopped twice this morning but has been going well since I wound it up for about five minutes: the spring is obviously slipping well in its barrel as I felt no tightening or obvious slip.

I'm not as impressed with the insides: given the pics I've seen of asian 6497 movements. No matter, my ultimate intent is to put an ETA 2892 in it. I don't expect to be able to get an IWC modified one very easily.

Date and hacking movement all works spot on and screw down crown is dead snug.

After all that waffle, bet this link won't work now....

https://www.flickr.c...4574@N03/E4of12

Cheers all

LNM1969

bolicks to it, I'll do it tomorrow. (and I work in IT)

HATE computers

<SLAM>

<engine revs, tyres screech, nose fades>

Edited by LNM1969

ryaku

I'm not as impressed with the insides: given the pics I've seen of asian 6497 movements. No matter, my ultimate intent is to put an ETA 2892 in it. I don't expect to be able to get an IWC modified one very easily.

Welcome aboard on RWG.

If you replace the movement you have to replace hands too, they won't fit the 2892.

It's a nice watch but far from accurate

Mark XVI is 39mm, your version 41mm.

Factory used the same case-set made for the Mark XVII.

JSJ

Sorry to add to your woes but... the stem heights are different and the movement holder won't fit. Most likely a cheap plastic one here. The AR is poor to non-existent too.

Enjoy it for what it is and save up for a 2892 MK XVII rep.