Sign in to follow this  
Bluenose

FA jones

Bluenose

I recently purchase from Michelle, I wanted a dress watch and had set my mind on the FA Jones.

I wanted the full loaded Jones.......white dial, blue numbers and hands with 6496 manual, decorated movement & bridges, and all important onion crown. However no longer available, after a little back and forth this version was made up (undecorated movement though)

Any my feedback on the difference in 'white' between the main and second hand would be welcomed.

The main dial is a beautiful porcelain colour, whilst the second is a slighly brighter white. I did approve the QC and still looks great, although I think my enthusiasm took over a little in the process. Especially as I knew these were becoming more difficult to source.

I've re-healed with a black Python strap, as the rep strap was pretty poor (probably as expected)

here are the pics

rsem1ULh.jpg

6YaGsBbh.jpg

fk5mwiph.jpg

bPBkj9gh.jpg

COqIeTeh.jpg

dudermania

Beautiful. What's the case diameter on this?

greg_r

That's lovely.

Shame they're so hard to find these days - the F.A.Jones is a classic.

Daywatch

You´ve made well up for it with that great-looking Python-strap. You can´t have it all and it´s such a nice watch and rep.

Mine has a white dial but no onion-crown - actually I like that creamy, vintage coulour, they could make it on the whole dial..

IWC1024-Ll_0116.jpg

IWC-FAJones_10240112.jpg

GenTLe

I think I'm lucky then!

Over M2M (and for a ridiculous price) I got a mix between the 2: case and crown like OP one and movement, dial and hands like Daywatch one :) :)

Bluenose
Beautiful. What's the case diameter on this?

It's 44mm, 48 including the crown. It doesn't feel that big. It's 11mm thick so sit great with shirts and jackets. I love PAMs but this is the greatest dress watch IMO

I think I'm lucky then!

Over M2M (and for a ridiculous price) I got a mix between the 2: case and crown like OP one and movement, dial and hands like Daywatch one :) :)

You've struck gold with that version. Hens teeth I think to get now! m2m only chance, and they rarely come up

SackOHammers

I've got an FA Jones. I was in love with them on here. I really wanted a nice one. I tried like hell to find the earlier nice ones a year ago and I couldn't locate one. I got one, but the detail in the movement decoration isn't as nice as the early ones. And the printing on the dial isn't as nice. I do have the onion crown. And winding the movement feels nice. But, it just doesn't get any wrist time for me. It's one of those things were, since it isn't the really nice one, I feel like I don't want to wear it. When my hand is hovering over the watch box in the morning, each time it passes up the FA Jones for something else. I might put it up in M2M.

Mirage

Still love mine.. Needs a better straps though...

tEslwWP.jpg