Sign in to follow this  
Silverspeed

Omega 42mm Po Pumpkin from ReplicaMake

Silverspeed

Last week I received the new 42mm PO from Lay. One of my first reps I ordered, about 4 years ago was a pumpkin PO Chrono and always liked the orange very much. After that I had a few 45mm UPO's which are great reps. After looking at the gen PO version I found the 42mm PO to be nicer than the 45mm version, so when there was talk about the rep makers where going to release a new 42mm version I decided to get the pumpkin version with the orange strap.

The good thing about this new 42mm version is the crystal and the dial. It has a nice AR coating and the dial has good texture and offcourse the new logo without the "happy feet". As usual I have no idea how close this is to gen, but it looks to me like the crown and HE valve are a bit too large.

The watch in general is reasonably well made, but not as good like the new 288 or 177 that's been released recently. The finsh on the SS case is much rougher but that's easily fixed with a bit of polish. The caseback looks to slightly better engraved than my previous UPO's. The lume is pretty standard rep lume which fades pretty quick and the pearl has almost no lume at all.

The strap is the standard rep strap, but surprisingly not as bad as the usual rep strap....but a better aftermarket strap would be much better, Lay was kind enough to ad the SS bracelet to my order without charge....but for now I'll keep it on the strap.

All in all not the best rep I ever had but still a very nice watch....on to the pics

IMG_5030kopie.jpg

IMG_5032kopie.jpg

IMG_5033kopie.jpg

dingle

nice SS. but the strap on that is clashing big time. :lmao2:

Silverspeed
nice SS. but the strap on that is clashing big time. :lmao2:

I actually like it.....

Del

Very nice Silver, I like the new version of the PO :lmao2:.

The orange strap is a bit different and makes the watch a bit more casual - looks good! And you've always got the s/s bracelet to change to for less "bright" occasions :).

SliceMaster

I do like that orange strap...just dont know if I could pull it off hehe

Btw what movement does it have and how much was it?

d1isthe1

Nice but The Lume on the Hands is a bit dithered..

GC

Really great photog as usual SS!

Not my cup of tea (color & size) but a stunner none the less.

Enjoy

mark8111

Hi.. I love the orange strap with orange bazel.. however I think is more of a summer watch. It'll be my next acquisition, I already have a black bazel 42mm & an orange Bazel 45mm both on SS.. the 45 i find to big and very rarely wear it. love the pics makes me want it even more roll on end of CNY

Cheers Mark

warcelo

I got mine from ReplicaMake too,

the watch is stunning but there is a small bubble in the ar coating and the watch broke when i tried to set the

time... It was hard to set and when i pulled the crown i heard a strange noise. The Yoke broke but i already ordered a new part from

e-bay. Mine have a 2824-2 asian clone. Tha movement is already cleaned and serviced and it´s just waiting for the spare part.

markturnr

I've got several of Robert's 45mm's. Chrono quartz, and 21j non chronos. My wife loves the orange rubber band, the black rubber band is sporty, the metal band is a little more dressy, and I got a great all-purpose black leather band with orange stitching and trim for $22 from these guys. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F0PTTG/ref=oss_product

It's not my favorite watch anymore, but it's the only watch I have that gets decent rotation from 4 different bands. So you can't argue with the versatility. And the non-orange bezel models look great on a brown strap as well as Jeremy Clarkson shows us on Top Gear.

dano

Looks awesome!

rychastings

looks great but im not really digging the orange strap but if it works for you thats all fine in my book.

NFleischer

DSC00299.jpg

Congrats- love my gen 42mm.pumpkin, here with black strap. I think I would gets a S/S bracelet or black

as back up, just my opinion. Enjoy the watch.

alw

I´m thinking of upgrading to this from my POrikaa soon. What does it matter which movement you choose:

1.Asian 2824-2 Automatic Movement, 28800bph, 25J, Insignia Rotor

2.Nickle Plated 2824-2 Automatic Movement, 28800bph, 25J, Insignia Rotor

...as they are both hidden beneath the caseback?

Also, should the bezel move only counter-clockwise or like this:

"Uni-directional Rotating Diver Bezel"

??