Sign in to follow this  
iabounty

HOW DO YOU BUY A WATCH FROM HOUSE OF SOUVENIRS?

iabounty

Having spent several hours of my afternoon watch shopping at HOS I finally had 1 Rolex DJ two tone with pearl dial, 1 Rolex DD full gold with pearl dial and Roman numerals and a PP Cal. with brown leather strap in my cart. I was sober while shopping and attempting to check out by the way....... I followed the check out directions and gave my name, address, ect. and left a message in the box that I am planning on doing a review on the watches on RWG, told them I had fun shopping for watches on their site and wished them a great year........... The next screen I expected to see was the one I filled out my Visa card numbers................. No such thing.......... I got an email that thanked me for my pre order but NO payment info had been given to them.. WTF....... Is this normal??? I have never bought from HOS before........ Help!!!!!!!

swissaddict

Have you bought through lawrence's automated process before? maybe it works, but i'd email the dealer first to be sure...

iabounty
Have you bought through lawrence's automated process before? maybe it works, but i'd email the dealer first to be sure...

Well no, SA I have not....... Read the last line of my post............ See how frusterated I am? Now I'm snapping at you........So whats new........ :lol:

swissaddict

sorry!... i missed the bit about having never bought from him before, my mistake :lol:

i've never bought from him either, but i know allergydoc has.. when he comes by he'll have something more helpful to say i'm sure. in the meantime, don't worry, lawrence (HOS) has been around for a while and is known for being a good guy so whatever happens, you haven't been screwed!

alphakazi

I just went through this with Werners watches - I place an order and filled out my visa info and click poof, it was gone - next day sent email - they didn't get any order - finally got it through though

I'd do what SA suggested and email him - from what greg says he's easy

trailboss99

Lawrence is bomb proof. His site however is not. Send him an email, he fix.

Col.

AllergyDoc

He emails you and gives you his PP addy. This is how I ordered from him. That was last year, though. I don't know if he's changed things recently.

greg_r
He emails you and gives you his PP addy. This is how I ordered from him. That was last year, though. I don't know if he's changed things recently.

That's normal procedure, yes - unless he's changed things recently. Don't worry IA - he'll be in touch - usually within 24 hours

Luthier

I talk to Lawrence on Messenger on quite regular basis, and I bought few reps from him, no any problems. I emailed him, he gave me his PP email, I transferred money, and got my reps. Pure pleasure.

He's very nice guy, and lives near area in KL, where I used to live years ago.

iabounty

I talk to Lawrence on Messenger on quite regular basis, and I bought few reps from him, no any problems. I emailed him, he gave me his PP email, I transferred money, and got my reps. Pure pleasure.

You guys were right on.. I checked my email tonight when I got home and there was his PP addy. Two minutes later I was finished with the payment process. Thanks Doc. and Greg.

He does seem to be a very nice guy as you state Luthier. He went out of his way to thank me several times in the 3 emails he sent to me after my pre-order....... (The pe-order thing is what got me shook up...... I will know better next time.)

Now the waiting game begins........3 watches at once this time, but the total is under $200. I love it... :thumbsup:

greg_r

You guys were right on.. I checked my email tonight when I got home and there was his PP addy. Two minutes later I was finished with the payment process. Thanks Doc. and Greg.

He does seem to be a very nice guy as you state Luthier. He went out of his way to thank me several times in the 3 emails he sent to me after my pre-order....... (The pe-order thing is what got me shook up...... I will know better next time.)

Now the waiting game begins........3 watches at once this time, but the total is under $200. I love it... :lol:

Ah - the wait. Always the worst part...

Now where did my new Panerai get to - I ordered it 5 days ago! I want it now! Waaah! :beer2:

iabounty

Update. I got another email from HOS today saying "Please allow 2 days for checking the item and packaging." Is this a quality control step or am I being to optimistic? He really is a super nice dealer, at least he comes off that way to me at this stage of the transaction...... I have every reason to expect a positive outcome. Will make updates as needed.....

alphakazi
Now where did my new Panerai get to - I ordered it 5 days ago! I want it now! Waaah! :notworthy:

best is to order and completely forget about it ;) should be easy for a seasoned collector like yourself

one day a surprise will come in the mail :D

Luthier
Now where did my new Panerai get to - I ordered it 5 days ago! I want it now! Waaah! :notworthy:

best is to order and completely forget about it ;) should be easy for a seasoned collector like yourself

That's what I always do. Nothing to worry, it will come one day.

greg_r
Now where did my new Panerai get to - I ordered it 5 days ago! I want it now! Waaah! :)

best is to order and completely forget about it :) should be easy for a seasoned collector like yourself

hahaha - thanks guys, but patience ain't one of my virtues.... :D

alphakazi
Now where did my new Panerai get to - I ordered it 5 days ago! I want it now! Waaah! :)

best is to order and completely forget about it :) should be easy for a seasoned collector like yourself

language ain't either :notworthy:

so we're in the same boat

onzenuub

Do you live in one boat?

alphakazi

Do you live in one boat?

use to but I got tired of greg bringing a new slut home every night and screwing her on my bed - it's just a lack of respect ya know - you see I had the captains quarters and greg stayed in the cargo hold and worked the bilge pump

greg_r
language ain't either :)

Colloquialisms simply add flavour to the language. :)

onzenuub

best is to order and completely forget about it :D should be easy for a seasoned collector like yourself

language ain't either :D

Do you live in one boat?

use to but I got tired of greg bringing a new slut home every night and screwing her on my bed - it's just a lack of respect ya know - you see I had the captains quarters and greg stayed in the cargo hold and worked the bilge pump

Soooooooooo, that's how you call screwing a new slut every night: working the bilge pump. :lol:

greg_r
Soooooooooo, that's how you call screwing a new slut every night: working the bilge pump. :notworthy:

I think I've found a new favourite phrase. Thanks, Onze :lol:

onzenuub
Soooooooooo, that's how you call screwing a new slut every night: working the bilge pump. :notworthy:

I think I've found a new favourite phrase. Thanks, Onze :lol:

You're welcome.

iabounty
Soooooooooo, that's how you call screwing a new slut every night: working the bilge pump. :beer:

I think I've found a new favourite phrase. Thanks, Onze :rolleyes:

Just remember you found it in my thread..............

No emails from HOS today........ Nothing new to report on my order. Over and out........

greg_r
No emails from HOS today........ Nothing new to report on my order. Over and out........

Yup - it'll go quiet now unless you've paid the extra for EMS. Don't worry, though - your watches will be visually checked, wrapped in a polishing cloth and despatched within the next couple of days. You should get 'em in about 2 weeks.

iabounty

An email was waiting for me yesterday when I got home from work. My Rolex DD and DJ had been sent but I was told the current PP's had problems and he did not want to send it out. He gave me 3 options. wait for the next batch, refund the money for the watch or choose a different watch...... I like his style and I like choices. I started watch shopping again on his HOS site and found a Breguet Classique I really like for $3 USD less than the PP. I emailed him if that would work for him and mentioned I would like it shipped EMS for the price difference. (Yes I am a cheap bastard...) I have not heard back from him with his thoughts yet. I had never bothered to look at Breguet before and had no idea I was missing out on such a classy looking watch If you want to take a peek at it it is BRE066 Gold case, white dial on leather.