Sign in to follow this  
iabounty

HOW DO YOU BUY A WATCH FROM HOUSE OF SOUVENIRS?

greg_r

Cool - that sounds fairly typical of Lawrence. He's a very straightforward kinda guy. :lol:

iabounty
Cool - that sounds fairly typical of Lawrence. He's a very straightforward kinda guy. :D

I have to say at this stage it is entirely different than my Josh and Andrew experiences but pleasent never the less. My main downfall is my lack of patience. But with Lawrences reputation I am not in the least bit worried about my purchase. More details as they occur........ :lol:

iabounty

Still no email about the Breguet substitution for the PP he said was problematic and would not send..... As I mentioned before I am not a patient human being and I would have thought that now that days have passed since I sent him the email I would have heard somrthing back from him........ I am starting to get :thumbsup: punchy and :thumbsup: frustrated.........

greg_r
Still no email about the Breguet substitution for the PP he said was problematic and would not send..... As I mentioned before I am not a patient human being and I would have thought that now that days have passed since I sent him the email I would have heard somrthing back from him........ I am starting to get :trailboss: punchy and :frusty: frustrated.........

He doesn't often reply to mails over the weekend - I'd expect to hear from him today or tomorrow, though. If you haven't heard from him by end of tomorrow, just drop him a reminder...

alphakazi

no worries bounty, you watches will soon be in your hands

I'm trying to forget about my noob sub from Chris but it pops into my head from time to time :trailboss: Airmail ya know

iabounty
Still no email about the Breguet substitution for the PP he said was problematic and would not send..... As I mentioned before I am not a patient human being and I would have thought that now that days have passed since I sent him the email I would have heard somrthing back from him........ I am starting to get :D punchy and :frusty: frustrated.........

He doesn't often reply to mails over the weekend - I'd expect to hear from him today or tomorrow, though. If you haven't heard from him by end of tomorrow, just drop him a reminder...

Still no email......... Maybe the Breguet is a POS too....... I am beginning to think I should just tell him to refund the money on watch number three and then buy the VC rep from Josh that looks like gregs gen... I have wanted that watch for over a year now....... I am afraid of the springback function on a rep however........ :thumbsup:

Luthier

I'm sourcing this Breguet XX Aeronavale 42mm now.

Gorgeous watch, IMO.

B-XX.jpg

iabounty

Well, Saturday March 21st 2009. The 2 Rolex's are somewhere in transit, The Breguet he did not have in stock so I guess I will wait for a while longer....... Josh and Andrew spoiled me with lightning fast 7 days later on my wrist watch purchases............. God, I have no patience at all......... Never did....... :lol:

greg_r

LOL - Lawrence ain't the fastest. Part of that is down to free shipping - airmail is that bit slower. The other part, though, is a bonus. Lawrence doesn't drop-ship - they actually handle every watch they ship (and wrap 'em in a polishing cloth, yet), so you can be pretty sure that the watch is going to be okay.

The lack of QC is the reason I don't buy from the twins any longer. No argument with anyone who does, but I'd much rather buy from Robert, Lawrence or someone like Reg or Stan these days...

But yeah, the waiting is always a bitch :frusty:

Patience, bro - have another beer. :lol:

iabounty

Actually I just opened my first bottle of Highlife today only a moment ago. Yes I must be patient. And yes I must have more beer....... You are correct on both counts sir. :lol:

greg_r

If in doubt, more beer is always the best solution I find...

:lol:

iabounty

Wise words indeed......... :lol:

iabounty

3383605776_9cdece2ffa_o.jpgI got home from work last night the 23rd of March and a package was sitting on top of the mail pile sweetly whispering my name....... Yes, the watches From HOS had arrived, well the Rolex DJ and DD anyway, the 3rd watch I have not heard any new news about and I have not emailed Lawrence yet. Here are a couple bad pictures that DO NOT do the watches justice but I can't take a clear picture it seems.

3382790483_c319641938_o.jpg

I am happy with what I received for $59 each The DJ two tone with MOP dial is really an eye catcher... I will do a complete review on each watch in the days to come as I promised Lawrence I would..... Good OR bad.......

And here is the one that I was meaning to post 2nd...

3383605776_9cdece2ffa_o.jpg

iabounty

I can screw up anything............ :rofl:

bene3

Beautiful watches iabounty.

Lawrence is the man, had many long conversations with him on MSN, he is very patient and always answers any questions.

alphakazi
3383605776_9cdece2ffa_o.jpgI got home from work last night the 23rd of March and a package was sitting on top of the mail pile sweetly whispering my name....... Yes, the watches From HOS had arrived, well the Rolex DJ and DD anyway, the 3rd watch I have not heard any new news about and I have not emailed Lawrence yet. Here are a couple bad pictures that DO NOT do the watches justice but I can't take a clear picture it seems.

I am happy with what I received for $59 each The DJ two tone with MOP dial is really an eye catcher... I will do a complete review on each watch in the days to come as I promised Lawrence I would..... Good OR bad.......

And here is the one that I was meaning to post 2nd...

3383605776_9cdece2ffa_o.jpg

Some nice looking stuff for that price!

oscarmadfish

looking good from here

greg_r

They look great, IA - enjoy! :rofl:

iabounty
They look great, IA - enjoy! :lol:

They are running great as well so far keeping correct time within 30 sec.in a 24hr. period of time. Not bad for a new 21j asian movement, having lots of fun with them so far as well, I never thought cheap Rolex watches could look this good. :lol:

jameo210369

Not big on Rolex IA, but they do look good on you. ENJOY and thanks for the pics

iabounty
Not big on Rolex IA, but they do look good on you. ENJOY and thanks for the pics

3387886033_f159d0f2b1_o.jpg

greg_r

Nice shot - I particularly like the TT model.... :lol:

alphakazi

my gf has the TT ladies datejust - identical and she loves that watch - enjoy them bounty

btw, what's that green stuff between the lug and end link on the 2nd pic - looks like copper oxidization

iabounty
Nice shot - I particularly like the TT model.... ;)

my gf has the TT ladies datejust - identical and she loves that watch - enjoy them bounty

btw, what's that green stuff between the lug and end link on the 2nd pic - looks like copper oxidization

Thanks guys. Of the two watches the DJ is my favorite as well, It gets a lot of looks. I took Gregs advice on the stick markers and they do look quite elegant.

@ alpha. You have a good eye mate.I took a look at that "green stuff" you noticed and it turned out to be fuzz from a green sweater the hot chick at the local jewelry store was wearing when she sized the bracelet. I go in there a lot just to flirt with her.. She calls my Rolex's "Foolex's" and says she sees A LOT of them. I am currently trying to see A LOT more of her.........She's blonde too.......... :notworthy:

iabounty

Here are some more pictures of the two watches from House of Souvenirs. I hope these are sharper and better quality. Thanks for some great low cost Rolex watches Lawrence. :lol:

3395427105_b8deef806c_o.jpg

3396239994_b40dc33232_o.jpg

3395427655_9dc766cfa7_o.jpg

3395629883_c0b4cc6f5e_o.jpg

3395630383_917507a097_o.jpg

3396443686_aa945e578f_o.jpg