Sign in to follow this  
Brightlight

Very good post by By-Tor on RWG Jr

ebzen02

I don't think there is anything...hold up.. been wanting to put this in a sentence..sanctimonious about Dave..right? Damn.. That is my word of the week!! Thank you Robert or Baldrick for using that word.. Makes me happy..

prestigewatchco

I actually like Dave123 as you say EBZ offend or please he does say what he thinks

onzenuub
Workin on it- been a looooong damn time since there was any freaky-freaky going on in casa de SFA :sofa:

:rofl::sofa:

:cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :o :wacko::rolleyes:

AllergyDoc

Well, I believe By-Tor is the type of moderator he wrote about in his post on RWGjr, but they certainly have other mods who do not share his philosophy. When I raised the question about noobs being heavily pressured and guilt-tripped into becoming VIP there were mods who wrote flame posts to me, with profanity, then promptly deleted said posts. Seraphine is one who was doing that. I think there was another mod as well. And they closed the thread; it was not about guns, politics, religion, etc. And then there was OS with his not-so-subtle hints that members who didn't care for the ways they did things should leave, "AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE".

pollux1
Some of the mods on RG take some shit though from members before they do anything drastic . Far more than I would be prepared to put up with.

There must be dozens of times mods in general on all forum have to keep quiet and not say what they want to but have to toe the party line.

Personally whether I like them or not as mods I feel they deserve a medal as big as a frying pan for putting up with some of the whinging idiots they have to deal with daily and for free I couldn't and I do it for a job

Why wouldn't you support them, you're the only one who gets to say wtf you want there. Spill the beans about nembos thailand trip, you know the one where he posted a full page description and sucked up to you on every line, then said no posts about you were to be submitted. Whats he into, kids? barebacking ladyboys?

You got it bad if you have to ask others bout dem ladyboys. :(

And what's up with not using your Nick from the other forums?

baruch
I thought this was a very good post on the how to's of Forum Moderation (noticeably all the sensible points followed by our own Mods here) and deserved repetition. The RG mods could learn something from this IMO

I'm not commenting the changes in RepGeek, I haven't read that forum in a while. Been too busy. I can hardly follow up what happens here.

I'm now generally commenting our moderating ideology (and some background of it):

Before I came here, I had very long experience of moderating a local lifting/fighting board (that me and 2 my partners ran). A place like that was full of narsistic, wannabe Internet tough guys (as you can imagine). That place was a hellhole. We tried everything, also the zero tolerance system, but it was a complete disaster. It simply doesn't work under any circumstances... when you start banning members and deleting threads there is no coming back. Eventually you have to ban more and more people because you have to enforce the rules similarly to everyone, and it only creates more drama and controversy. This is what "Junior" moderators and admin teams don't realize. You can't act impulsively and emotionally.

I trully give you mine compliments about writing this.

Thank you.

Funnily in our case, the best way to silence the worst abusers was to flame them back. Most of those guys who liked to start stupid sh*t (for the sake of it) couldn't flame their way out of a wet paper bag. It's like in real life: People who bully others and make a lot of noise about themselves are often cowards and/or verbally "limited".

Our team here share my views of this... we want RWG to be as "relaxed" and honest as possible. I've received pm's from my friends here and they have asked me to ban someone who's acting like a jerk.

I have always said no. Our longtime members are entitled to their differing opinions and "bad hair days". If it's a new member and the behavior is very apparent and abusive we'll boot 'em. Sure there is a limit for the veterans too. We have banned two or three longtime members, but only after they have been acting like lunatic drama queens long enough, and thus, literally begging the banning for months. Usually these people have had some temporary health issues and after a while we've allowed them back. No hard feelings, it's just Internet.

Typical problem is that admins and moderators think that they're above the members. That's not how it should be. Actually it's the other way around: we are working for YOU, the members.

The problem is that you can't force a friendly atmosphere. Moderators and admins don't make the forum, the members do. There is very, very little to moderate. If someone likes to sh*t onto his own carpet, our members usually ask him to clean it up. We're not even needed because our core membership is mature and intelligent enough.

RWG is, and will always be liberally moderated forum, where everyone can freely express their different opinions. You can also ask any questions you want from the admin team, because we play with open cards.

We only close threads about politics, ethnic groups, religions and guns. There is very heavy reasoning behind this, because these discussions always turn friends to enemies and poison the atmosphere. We're mainly a watch forum, our aim is not to fix the human rights problems in China, save the whales, rain forests or change the gun laws. You can do it elsewhere.

baruch

I trully give you by tor mine compliments about writing this.

Thank you.

sconehead

gotta agree with pollux here...why do people feel the need to go under different 'nicks' on these forums? I mean most of us are/have been members of all the rep forums...it's always puzzled me...:D

dingle
gotta agree with pollux here...why do people feel the need to go under different 'nicks' on these forums? I mean most of us are/have been members of all the rep forums...it's always puzzled me...:D

If you read some of the post from 4000ft at RG you will realize that this is really not his nature at all. He is posting under a new nick to expose his evil side and his true feelings. This also keeps him from getting flamed or even banned at RG.

ebzen02

speaking of different nics.. I heard A1-SAUCE was banned from W-C and he didn't make any shit stirring comments.. That goes to show you how mean they are.

Baldrick

Who are you?

ThinkBachs

As long as people have been around (I'm guessing) there have been those that are obsessed by power, those that don't like any excitement, those that like to show off, those that talk shit, those that like to help others..... Long story short, if you're going to have a community, you have to expect that there are going to be a broad array of people to deal with.

Now, a forum, community, or group of people living without some fresh blood, and some variety in their existence will eventually turn into this...

inbred.jpg

Inbreeding is a bad thing. Let natural selection take its course and things will work themselves out in due time.

prestigewatchco
Who are you?

Good question!

Shall we offer a prize for the correct answer

Baldrick
Inbreeding is a bad thing. Let natural selection take its course and things will work themselves out in due time.

I sincerely hope and trust that you are NOT inferring that those two fine Moderators from The Castleford Ladies Knitting Circle, KenBerg and TwoTone, pictured above are in-bred, that Sir, would be a foul calumny if it is indeed your intention to label them so :lol:

Baldrick

Ahhh, someone else who's got me confused with TTK, sorry, TTK's dead !

prestigewatchco
Is that really my old bud Neil? LOL wtf.

Think it's a clone D

Baldrick
Think it's a clone D

Christ, have you not left for Pattaya yet, for that face-to-face parlay you wanted with me, get your skates on you'll be late :lol:

prestigewatchco

Late for what ?

I would rather be earning money than socializing at the moment thanks,as you have said so many times I can't afford to not work.

I need 150,000 Baht ($4500) a month here to stand still and I am certainly not going to bring money from UK here at the current rates of exchange.

So work is my only feasible option

Actually I only go to Pattaya when my cousin is about as a rule and he is busy in Phuket at the moment

When he is there we use Bartercard to pay for most things so works out really cheap

Baldrick
Late for what ?

You never actually read what's in front of you, do you, or is just that polysyllabism is too difficult for you :(

for that face-to-face parlay you wanted with me,

Baldrick

Hey, wot 'appened with SL55 ?