Sign in to follow this  
BuckSatan

Working PR vs Fake PR on Big Pilots

BuckSatan

How "bad" are the working Power Reserve versions of the Big Pilots vs, the Fake? I have heard thatthw fake Power Reserve Versions are better, but both seem to use the same movement, or at least it is alluded to.

Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Left Coast Guy

Try the search bar friend....there's a half dozen posts on this topic, just in the first two pages of results.

And what do you mean by "how bad"? The watch tells time just fine. The power reserve works accurately (though isn't 7 days long in real time). The mov't is as reliable as any other asian mov't. What is your question????????????

JSJ

I seem to recall the exact same question recently.

I said I prefer the faux PR for looking more like the gen and that gen PR is mostly full. PBR said he prefers the PR to work.

Neither is bad, neither is right.

Choose and buy. Simple.

BuckSatan

I browsed this section but neglected to use the search, my bad. Thank you for the responses and sorry for testing your patience.

Mirage

If you plan to buy soon I suggest you wait a bit. A new version with working PR and 1:1 with gen is in the work. Should be released within the next few months.

BuckSatan

I found one with a working power reserve and orange markers that I have been looking for for a while, Ill take the advice above and just buy and one another updated version comes out I will just buy that if I like it. Thanks.

nashe_chung
If you plan to buy soon I suggest you wait a bit. A new version with working PR and 1:1 with gen is in the work. Should be released within the next few months.
if this is true then I'm definitely waiting for it. I've wanted a big pilot for a while now.

black263
if this is true then I'm definitely waiting for it. I've wanted a big pilot for a while now.

If you're waiting for a 1:1, you'll have a very long wait.

JSJ

If you're waiting for a 1:1, you'll have a very long wait.

Can you get those long weights at Amazon these days?

higginsd

Not really a long wait. The new version of BP 5009 (and of the 5009 PetitePrince) is expected for December this year. That's too early I think but end of January or February there is a good chance to have it available on market. And this version is worth to wait for because ZF will do a perfect job again I think.

GenTLe

The fact is that they should take the movement used for the last rep 5001/5007 and move the second hand to the center AND make it to run at 21600 bph (currently it is at 28.8).

Not something easy to do...

black263
Not really a long wait. The new version of BP 5009 (and of the 5009 PetitePrince) is expected for December this year. That's too early I think but end of January or February there is a good chance to have it available on market. And this version is worth to wait for because ZF will do a perfect job again I think.

It's the 1:1 I'm referring to. Doubt that will ever appear.

markeym3

I like the BP's This one I picked here on the M2M , it came with a noisey rotor as you can see why it was noisey...

This one has the working PR and now I have removed the rotor so it's a handwind its cool to see the pr run down , yes I know the gen is always seen on full but I like it , this model I liked because the date is set by the crown not by the wee pusher @7 position.

20140430_140425_zps5390f900.jpg

20140430_140520_zps8fd5b8ec.jpg

20140430_140708_zps1d24470b.jpg

20140430_141814_zps815fe64a.jpg