Sign in to follow this  
barkingtoad

SOHv2 anybody interested

barkingtoad

As some of you know I have a SOHv2 , well I've threaded the tube & can't find one .

So I'm going to buy a complete watch from Mary , the blue eta , mines black.

So I will take the tube out of it & be left with almost a brand new watch that is available for parts at a small cost so I can recoup some of my money

Does anyone need anything

Cheers

KBH

Just curious, have you taken out the bad tube already? Is it screw in or pressed in? Also is it definitely the tube that's bad or both the crown and tube that are stripped?

Any pictures of the tube removed?

I can't believe this wouldn't be a relatively easy fix, even if you had to put in a generic crown and tube.

barkingtoad
Just curious, have you taken out the bad tube already? Is it screw in or pressed in? Also is it definitely the tube that's bad or both the crown and tube that are stripped?

I can't believe this wouldn't be a relatively easy fix, even if you had to put in a generic crown and tube.

I don't know it's with brightlight at the mo

Brightlight

It appears to be the tube that's bad the first few millimetres have no thread and the thread on the crown is actually inside but seems OK, I haven't removed the yet, but from the inside of the case there is no thread so it's a push fit. I have been unable to find one of the correct dimensions, tubes with internal threads are not that common seemingly and even if one is found, will the thread take the crown............

@BT I wouldn't recommend removing the tube from the new case, the chances are it will be damaged, better to move the black bits over to the new case.

KBH

Gary Clark on eBay sells Breitling crowns. I wonder if he could find a matching tube? I bet he could.

KBH

Here's another good source. I'll bet one of these will work.

http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/661/1975.aspx

By the way, the "Tube K" is the one used on Radiomirs and Oris Carlos Coste. Just for future reference.

sfa437

Hey BT- if KBH's lead pans out & you can get a gen crown & tube and you've got the blue incoming I'll take the blue off your hands at cost.

Might take me a cpl weeks to scrape together enough spare scratch but an agreement is an agreement :D

KBH

Damn Pat, you're an addict. Just yesterday I thought you were selling off all your reps.

Have you thought about a 12 step program? :D

sfa437
Damn Pat, you're an addict. Just yesterday I thought you were selling off all your reps.

I really can't afford it and I'd be splitting the cost of essentially bits & pieces and a useless case but I told BT when this first happened I'd split repair costs. This was a cpl months ago but a deal is a deal. If I backed out now because of financial hardship I'd feel like a piece of shit.

Might take me a month or so to get a spare hundred bucks up but I will do it.

barkingtoad

I really can't afford it and I'd be splitting the cost of essentially bits & pieces and a useless case but I told BT when this first happened I'd split repair costs. This was a cpl months ago but a deal is a deal. If I backed out now because of financial hardship I'd feel like a piece of shit.

Pat

I don't want your cash mate ,

I bought the watch off you as it was & took my chance.

Not your fault the tube threaded

KBH

Didn't know there was a back story here. Sorry to have butted in.

barkingtoad

Loosing topic

Member X

As per PM, crystal and bezel insert would be my ideal spares but I'm skint!! lol

sfa437

I'm thinking movement/dial combo and bezel are must-have parts. b Someone with a blue V1 could drop in the dial/movement and make a V2 essentially.

You can always keep em and have a SOH version of the BK Transformer too!!

Member X

I think you could get a blue bezel with black dial in the gen too?

Waipio Jeff

I would take the bezel insert or whole bezel if it will fit my blue V2.