Sign in to follow this  
crimsonnq

New AP 15400 Royal Oak from Toro noisy rotor problem

crimsonnq

Hi everyone,

I just rec'd my AP 15400 with black dial from Toro and I have to say, overall I'm extremely happy with the quality of it.

My only issue is that the rotor is extremely noisy, as in I can hear it constantly spinning on my wrist. I did a search on the forum and only found a thread (http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=75679) with someone who had a similar issue, and people hinting that there were ways to silence it or reduce the noise however no real clues as to how to actually do it.

I'm based in Sydney Australia and I'm also thinking of going to an independent watch repair shop to possibly ask them to open it and see what they can do to silence the movement (perhaps with a bit of oil or lubricant?).

Can you anyone offer any advice?

thanks,

Crim

GenTLe

You just need to put a very (VERY) small amount of Moebius HP 1300 in the rotor ball bearing.

cufflink

Just take note that 9015 movement are louder than the ETA movement due to the way it is constructed.

dudermania

Yeah the 9015 movement can still be loud even if you lube it up. Not pleasant. But it will be market improvement to what it used to be.

BadPickle

Just leave it alone, fucking about with stuff you don't understand only spells disaster.... but I'm guessing you know best, a little "spsshhh" from a can of silicone grease and next thing you know, you'll be starting a "anyone know of a Sidney based....... "

crimsonnq
Just leave it alone, fucking about with stuff you don't understand only spells disaster.... but I'm guessing you know best, a little "spsshhh" from a can of silicone grease and next thing you know, you'll be starting a "anyone know of a Sidney based....... "

Well thats why I'm asking for feedback on this thread. So I can take on board all advice offered and make an informed decision. I may very well just leave it be, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask if anyone's had any success with it. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.