Sign in to follow this  
cobar

What would you choose?

cobar

Nomos Tangomat Red 12 on black leather

Or

Tudor Heritage Black Bay Red on leather strap

For day to day office wear and once a moth as a dress watch with fine attire.

I know these are VERY different watches, one being a diver and all; I just want your personal opinions

Thanks guys, stay classy ????

No flames please ????

Chiquita Fanjita

Tudor for me. Absolutely love my Black Bay.

Foxindebox

Personally, I'm a big fan of the black bay but not with "fine attire". The BB is very much a sports watch and not to my tastes as a dress watch.

Different strokes I suppose :)

BadPickle

Tudor for me. Absolutely love my Black Bay.

me too :thumbsup:

Moondustesp

Tudor :)

mstan

I've had both of these reps and would hands down go for the Tudor.

The Tangomat was a nice watch for wearing with a suit but not versatile enough for me any other time. Get both and flip the one you wear less!

Wriggles

I'd choose whichever I liked the most and ignore the opinions of random internet people. That way madness (or disappointment) lies :)

RUSH2112

You need both unfortunately. BB for office, nomos for dress

HTD

The black bay. The Nomos is nice but in my opinion does not fit every occasion. The black bay however fits every occasion easily.

cobar

Awesome guys, thanks so much for your thoughts; have a penny.

I'm going with the Nomos for now but will probably treat myself to the Tudor for Christmas... Maybe even in Blue with a nato strap... God too many watches!.

I'll post a full revi w when it arrives

Left Coast Guy

I see you've made your decision, but to add my two cents, I found the Nomos to be a tiny watch. I don't have giant wrists (like 7.5"), but as a bigger guy, it looked tiny and weird on me.

The Black Bay on the other hand is a perfect fit. Its 42MM with a slim profile, so its its still small-ish.

And maybe its just me, but the Nomos is so simple that it doesn't really look special. I mean its not hard to imagine someone copying a Nomos as its soooo easy to copy, but that Black Bay, that is impressive on the wrist, its impressive as hell that there is a copy of that thing! I've owned both and sold the Nomos right off, cause I just didn't bond with it...

Genius

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

JSJ
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Ffs, any life problems mate?

:rofl:

elp

I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons.

cobar
I see you've made your decision, but to add my two cents, I found the Nomos to be a tiny watch. I don't have giant wrists (like 7.5"), but as a bigger guy, it looked tiny and weird on me.

The Black Bay on the other hand is a perfect fit. Its 42MM with a slim profile, so its its still small-ish.

And maybe its just me, but the Nomos is so simple that it doesn't really look special. I mean its not hard to imagine someone copying a Nomos as its soooo easy to copy, but that Black Bay, that is impressive on the wrist, its impressive as hell that there is a copy of that thing! I've owned both and sold the Nomos right off, cause I just didn't bond with it...

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate getting different points of view. I wouldn't say that I have a big wrist at all so I am hoping that the Nomos will be just right. But I do recon that the Tudor may just be on my wrist by Christmas too... We'll see haha

adrianted

Tudor

Awesome guys, thanks so much for your thoughts; have a penny. ��

I'm going with the Nomos for now but will probably treat myself to the Tudor for Christmas... Maybe even in Blue with a nato strap... God too many watches!.

I'll post a full revi w when it arrives

Agree :suck:

RUSH2112

I would say that was out of left field but it doesn't adequately explain how random that comment was.

UmpaHimself

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate getting different points of view. I wouldn't say that I have a big wrist at all so I am hoping that the Nomos will be just right. But I do recon that the Tudor may just be on my wrist by Christmas too... We'll see haha

Both fantastic, both needed. There will have there place for different situations and will both be worn! Take advantage of some of the TD discounts during the season ;)

Mike on a bike

There are discounts..............................

JSJ

I would say that was out of left field but it doesn't adequately explain how random that comment was.

Didn't feel random when I wrote it. Just thought it looked like a huge list of problems but if I'd thought they were genuine I'd not have written it. No intention to cause offence.

Genius

Didn't feel random when I wrote it. Just thought it looked like a huge list of problems but if I'd thought they were genuine I'd not have written it. No intention to cause offence.

I wasn't offended if that's what you mean nor did I mean to cause offence....

It is (in my opinion) an absolutely brilliant quote from the equally brilliant movie trainspotting. The vagueness of the title "what would you choose" reminded me of the quote and I couldn't help myself sharing it.....

And to answer the OPs question get this:

DSC_0185_zpsqtknbaoe.jpg And get it on a bracelet it's the best rep bracelet I've ever had and you can always add a leather strap later and the rep one is crap

rusky27

I Love my tudor black bay, the gold hands and print against the black face accented by the red bezel insert - framed by the raised crystal, finished off with that distressed leather strap works every time for me!

MA123

Tudor all day - but has to be the blue/black version rather than red to make it more versatile for any occasion, esp when you have the bracelet and leather strap

964boy

Tudor for me

cobar

My Nomos came in the post today and I'm very happy... However I will more than likely be ordering the Tudor with the Blue face in the new year...

I'm just trying see if the price difference is justified between the two reps that Toro has on his site. $168 v $298 if anyone has a recommendation that would be great.