Sign in to follow this  
Robzy

PAM251 Chrono issues

Robzy

Hi guys,

I have a Daylight Chrono PAM251 and since a while the chrono second dial isn´t aligned at 12 o´clock when the chrono is reset.

My other chrono´s I can adjust by pulling out the crown to 1st or 2nd position and then press the chrono buttons, but on my Daylight this doesn´t do the trick.

I have no idea what movement the Daylight has, but any help will be much appreciated.

Regards!

nuvolablue

This is a common problem. Also known as wobbly chrono or wobbly chrono at 3.

GenTLe

You can try to fix it this way:

- if the misalignment is with central second hand being before 12 (like it resets at 58th sec), then run the chrono, stop it when the central second hand is at 35/40 seconds and reset it.

- if the misalignment is with central second hand being after 12 (like it resets at 2nd sec), then run the chrono, stop it when the central second hand is at 20/25 seconds and reset it.

Try few times and see if it goes back to 0.

Then forget to use the chrono or, if you really need to use it, reset the chrono only when the central sec hand is very near 0 sec.

Robzy
You can try to fix it this way:

- if the misalignment is with central second hand being before 12 (like it resets at 58th sec), then run the chrono, stop it when the central second hand is at 35/40 seconds and reset it.

- if the misalignment is with central second hand being after 12 (like it resets at 2nd sec), then run the chrono, stop it when the central second hand is at 20/25 seconds and reset it.

Try few times and see if it goes back to 0.

Then forget to use the chrono or, if you really need to use it, reset the chrono only when the central sec hand is very near 0 sec.

Thanx for the advice, the misalignment is after 12. Followed your advice but unfortunately no luck.

Anything else I can do?

GenTLe

If you are not experienced: nothing.

The solution is to take out the movement, remove and reposition the hand and refit everything. There is a good risk to fuck up the watch...