Sign in to follow this  
napoleon

sterile Bond sub

napoleon

Hi!

Where could one find a "Bond" no crown guard, 38mm submariner, but in the sterile version.

I'm worried about confiscation by the customs office, and that is the main reason for asking.

Shipping in parts is also acceptable.

Thanks!

greg_r

Dealing with customs first, if you buy reps your safest bet to avoid problems is to buy from a dealer who will optionally transship via the UK. Once within the EU, customs problems are vastly reduced. Both Replicamake and PrestigeWatchCo offer this service.

No idea on the sub though - vintage Rollies aren't my area of expertise - sterile or otherwise. Hopefully one of our Rolex guys will be along shortly with an answer for you :(

napoleon

I'm in Croatia, the Country that's on the edge of EU but not in it. :(

greg_r

Ah, my bad. I don't know whether we have any other members from Croatia - if we have, maybe one of them will chip in with some advice. However, as it's sterile/homage you want, you should have a reasonable chance of getting the watch into the country safely - after all, a lot of 'proper' manufacturers produce copies of the submariner (Invicta amongst others) quite legitimately.

Still don't know of a source for that particular style, though, sorry.

Akira

I know MarvellousReplica takes costum risks for Europe...worth asking him if he can get the watch you want

napoleon

Concerning the other manufacturers, I already have a Steinhart Ocean one vintage.

But I was set on a no crownguard version.

Well, I can always buy the no crownguard, sapphire, original eta from Kemmner and not worry...

If I don't find something else that is.

Member X

I'm sure someone on HomageForum posted one recently but I can't remember where / who!