Sign in to follow this  
Paizano

Hello from Brisbane

Paizano

Hello all. I stumbled across this website a few weeks back with no intention on finding out about watches. Since then I've become fascinated by it and have been scouring the forums and dealers websites daily. I have especially fallen in love with some of the tourbillion replicas but they are out of my price range at the moment. There seems to be so many options, especially on sites such as timesshop that it is hard to make a decision. I see a lot of discussions on watches such as the avenger, DSSD, pam 111 etc but I don't see a lot on other brands such as tissot or mont blanc (just examples) which are also stocked by a few of the dealers. Is this because the quality of those reps aren't as good as the more popular watches that are mainly discussed? I also have a smaller wrist so some of the watches I end up liking are too big which happens more often than not. Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot more and making my first purchase.

10:10 Watch Repair

Best of luck.

You're doomed.

trailboss99

WhooHoo! More Brisvegas folk!

Where in Brissie mate?

Col.

greg_r

Welcome to RWG. :boobies:

The reason why you don't see so many Tissot or MB replicas is simply that not many are produced - they don't sell as well as the major brands such as Rolex, Breitling, Panerai, AP etc... It's also the case that for less popular models often only lower quality reps are available. Just market forces, I'm afraid.

There are always exceptions to the rule, however, so take a good look around our trusted dealers and see what takes your fancy.

Del

Hello and welcome :boobies:.

Hope you find a watch you like B).

Paizano

Where in Brissie mate?

Col.

Hey Col, I thought I'd be the only one! I'm at Camp Hill but with any luck I'll be moving a little closer to the city. Where abouts are you?

Thanks for the welcome del, greg and cls. Also thanks for the info on the lesser known brands Greg. I was a tad wary with what I was seeing with less known brands.

trailboss99

Only one? Na, there are a good dozen of us within an hour or so of Brissie mate.

I'm up Kilcoy way, Shannon is inner west, Parafund is Caboolture way, Offshore is on the GC and there are more from GC to Malany.

Col.

mulder

Yeah and dont forget the NSW mob are here as well. We'll beat you in the state of origin one day.

rc42

Hey Paizano, Camp Hill is close to the city, well, 20 mins anyway, pity its under one of the main flight paths but I guess you get used to that (you just have to turn the TV up loud every now and then). We stayed there for a couple of months at my sister's house when we came over from the UK but now have our own place out at Manley West', now that's somewhere that is worth moving closer tot he city from.

Anyway, welcome to the hobby, be careful though these things are habit forming and you'll end up with a box full of reps in no time ;)

Fiddo

Hello! :thumbsup2:

Welcome!

Aren

Hi Paizano and Welcome,

You lucked into finding the best forum IMO. The same thing happened to me.

I just became fascinated. I have a small wrist (6.5 inches), but you may be surprised at how the PAMs look. The Blackseal wears alot smaller than you would imagine.

I wasn't sure about this until I got mine.

I really love the PAMs, but I also find the tourbillons captivating.

I know the prices are high for the authentic movement, but I am ok with faux torbys.

The members here are wonderful people from all over the world.

You will get straight talk here about dealers and replicas.

The humour here never ceases to amaze me.

My PAMs are from Robert and they are very high quality.

I am getting a faux tourby Lange from him today.

You can see it at:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=9573

It is the first RG watch on that page.

I hope I can get some good photos of my own :thumbsup2:

I suggest you read, read, read...:thumbsup2:

You will have a great time and lots of fun here. Again, Welcome!

All the Best,

Aren

Paizano
Only one? Na, there are a good dozen of us within an hour or so of Brissie mate.

I'm up Kilcoy way, Shannon is inner west, Parafund is Caboolture way, Offshore is on the GC and there are more from GC to Malany.

Col.

Well then, I'm definitely not on my own. There's a good spread both North and South of Brissie there.

Hello Fiddo and Rc42. It's not so much getting used to the flight paths as it is getting used to the noisy tenants above us...

Hey Aren, that tourby is one smart looking watch. I have been looking at the PAM's recently. I want something casual for my first rep with a metal band. Considering you also have a smaller wrist, is there anything you recommend?

trailboss99

I'm also about a 6.5" wrist. Anything 44mm and below should be fine.

You could begin with a DayDate II or if a more sporty watch is your want a sub, YachtMaster, Speedmaster, SuperOcean 38mm all fit the bill.

Col.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :D

Demsey

I stopped welcoming newbies to RWG in 2009. It only encourages the poor souls.

Unless they are from Oz, then I do try to make the effort.

1) Being Australian they have good self control.

2) They are Australian. Props even to 'rc42'.

Welcome.

Rustbucket

Where in Brissie mate?

Col.

Hey Col, I thought I'd be the only one! I'm at Camp Hill but with any luck I'll be moving a little closer to the city. Where abouts are you?

Thanks for the welcome del, greg and cls. Also thanks for the info on the lesser known brands Greg. I was a tad wary with what I was seeing with less known brands.

Hi Paizano.

I'm just around the corner from you in Hawthorne. New here too. Just looking around first and soaking in the advice before purchasing. See you around.

R

graman

Man!..Brissie boyz out in force!