SPECS -

· Case: Solid stainless steel case

· Movement: Seiko 7002A 17 Jewel Automatic movement

· Bracelet: Seiko Rubber

· Case diameter: 42.5 mm not including crown, 46.5mm with crown

· Depth: 13mm

· Lugs: 22mm

· Weight: 98g on Rubber

This is a custom built watch using many new parts on an original Seiko Diver of November 1990 vintage. There are a lot of these being sold on ebay, some are a bit rough and others are built by very skilled people so you need to be carefull who you buy them from. I got mine from a UK based guy who has been doing these for many years and who covers every single detail making a good modified watch and replacing or re polishing all the parts. My model is often referred to as a Soxa – a play on Seiko and Doxa as the dial has a Doxa colour and look to it. I could have built one myself however when you take into account the cost of the original donor watch and then all the new parts needed it actually works our cheaper to buy one ready made by an expert.

Seiko%20doxa%20Review%20(2)%20(Large).JPG

CONSTRUCTION + FINISH – Dual-finish steel Diver's case has been expertly rebrushed and repolished, and looks superb. Seiko built these to last and everything is solid and well made.

Seiko%20doxa%20Review%20(7)%20(Large).JPG

BEZEL – Unusual Bidirectional that rotates both ways with precise movement and no play, 60 clicks. New Bezel insert.

Seiko%20doxa%20Review%20(5)%20(Large).JPG

DIAL – New custom Dial in a shade of Light Blue, with large minute markers and larger black/white/black triple-baton indices. Suwa symbol' to the right lower section, and has a Dolphin logo to the lower left. The triple-baton markers are larger at 6, 9 and 12, with a partial 'gunsight' inner section. Superior luminous treatment on the hands and markers, and they glow beautifully after exposure to light, and it lasts for a good spell. Framed 'Quickset' Date window at 3 o'clock. Date is displayed in the rarer 'White on Black' font. The new sterile Chapter Ring matches the Dial colour, and is set at an angle which adds an impression of extra depth to the Dial.

Seiko%20doxa%20Review%20(6)%20(Large).JPG

CROWN - Original screw down ridged-edge steel crown, offset at 4 o'clock position, screws down and adjusts perfectly, stem is fine.

CRYSTAL – New scratch resistant flat Mineral Crystal, in excellent condition, with no

marks of any kind.

Seiko%20doxa%20Review%20(8)%20(Large).JPG

CASEBACK - Screwdown steel caseback in super condition expertly polished. The wording on the caseback is clear and defined, and reads: "Seiko, Stainless Steel, 7002-700J A1, Scuba Diver's, 0N0609, JAPAN, A, Lightning Flash symbol" plus the Seiko Wave logo in the centre.

Seiko%20doxa%20Review%20(4)%20(Large).JPG

MOVEMENT - Seiko 7002A 17 Jewel Automatic movement, serviced and regulated

WATER RESISTANCE – 150m, case has all new seals

Seiko%20Blue%20Dial.JPG

HANDS – New Black & White 'MarineMaster' style hands, a segmented 'Broadsword' Hour hand, a segmented 'Arrowhead' Minute hand, and a black 'Needle' Seconds hand with a luminous circle near the tip

LUME – Superb long lasting and nuclear glow. Many of the redialed ones have no or poor lume but this one has been given an upgrade.

Seiko%20Doxa%20(2)%20(Large).jpg

ACCURACY – 25 years old, recently serviced and regulated. Tested using a professional timing machine and is accurate to better than +/-18 seconds per day max. (Anything under 20 seconds a day is excellent for a vintage automatic)

STRAP - Supplied on a new genuine Seiko Z22 Rubber divers strap with superior Seiko “FAT” spring bars. However I am not a rubber man so have fitted a plain stainless steel bracelet that I fully brushed and i think it suits this watch.

Seiko%20doxa%20Review%20(3)%20(Large).JPG

OVERALL – This reborn Seiko is amazing, the dial really stands out and the hands look fantastic. Size wise is a bit small compared to some of my larger watches but it sifts well and looks good on the wrist. Based on a solid Seiko model the modifications bring a tired old 90s design bang up to date and makes a common model look very special and unique. I am considering an Orange or Red dial “Soxa” to go with this one.

Hope you enjoyed this review, any comments or questions are most welcome.

1%20grin.gif

Edited by scorpion

Gazzla

Fucking excellent. :thumbsup:

WatchDog21

Fantastic looking Seiko!

Kcore

That a freaking fantastic looking watch Scorp! The dial and light blue color is marvelous. Wear it in health! :thumbsup:

scorpion

Fucking excellent. :thumbsup:

Man of few words Gazzla but yep it is :giggle:

Genius

Love it, just trying to pick a soxa dial for my seiko diver, any chance of a link to the supplier, not been able to find any dials with the seiko logo on

BadPickle

10outta10 Scorp. :D

scorpion

Love it, just trying to pick a soxa dial for my seiko diver, any chance of a link to the supplier, not been able to find any dials with the seiko logo on

Sorry I bought it from eBay from a guy who builds them but he does not sell the parts. Dagaz ones are not Seiko branded and i could not find any Doxa type with Seiko branding anywhere but I did find a ebay seller but from what i could see the dials had no lume on them. See link below:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yellow-Dial-Hands-Minute-Ring-Set-made-for-SEIKO-7S26-0030-DIVER-Auto-NEW-/201484781044?hash=item2ee96dc5f4:g:EC4AAOSwPhdU2WYJ

scorpion

10outta10 Scorp. :D

I hear SS is going to set up a Seiko Modding business, serious money can be made but his Finnish Certificate wont cover Japan made stuff so he will need to buy another certificate off ebay :suck:

Genius

Sorry I bought it from eBay from a guy who builds them but he does not sell the parts. Dagaz ones are not Seiko branded and i could not find any Doxa type with Seiko branding anywhere but I did find a ebay seller but from what i could see the dials had no lume on them. See link below:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yellow-Dial-Hands-Minute-Ring-Set-made-for-SEIKO-7S26-0030-DIVER-Auto-NEW-/201484781044?hash=item2ee96dc5f4:g:EC4AAOSwPhdU2WYJ

Cheers will probably go with a sagas dial then.. I've got a vintage seiko 5 with an applied logo so may have a go at transplanting it on to the dagaz dial although there's a chance that could end up with me fucking up 2 dials

jrlmsla

That's beautiful. I have a new obsession with Seiko divers that started last Friday night.

TheTinMan

Gorgeous!

What did you use to brush the bracelet? I've got a project in mind and could use some advice.

UmpaHimself

Nice!

drjeff

Blue dial rocks! Thanks for the pics and info. Would like one with the black rubber strap -- great combo.

Robin195959

Lovely Scorps. Mine says hello

2D035E2D-BD76-422A-983A-841AD4A63389_zps5tlpqtdx.jpg

GMT_Zulu

That is fantastic! Have you tested it for water resistance? Looking for something for swimming with the kids..... :-)