Sign in to follow this  
Kcore

Spring Drive Tuna anyone?

Kcore

I had a chance to browse A Blog To Watch this morning and came across a Christmas review for the Seiko Marinemaster SDB009 that I found interesting and a quick read. Not a great review, so, so pics, but still interesting. With all our Seiko, Monster, Tuna love I thought I'd share.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/seiko-marinemaster-sbdb009-spring-drive-tuna-watch-review/

(Oops, I realized the original link I posted was to page 2 - corrected)

P.S. at the bottom of the page there are links to some othe interesting Seiko reviews like the GS quartz divers SBGX115 & 117.

Gazzla

Lovely watch, but a bit fucking expensive.

Kleen™

Altho' never a fan of the bulky (but popular) tuna-design I do like 'em Seikos. And Spring Drive very much so...

Genius

That is enormous and ridiculously expensive, I would like a spring drive but just not that particular one

Kcore

I'm an avid SCUBA diver who mainly enjoys the sport/hobby in the cold Atlantic. This requires a lot of bulky neoprene outerware including gloves which in turn requires all the hardware/equipment to be large to very large in order to hold and operate. The Spring Tuna reviewed at 50mm falls right into that size catagory.

IMO, this is a dive watch not an everyday wear. I totally agree it is expensive and not something I would buy for diving. Again IMO, my dive watch of choice besides my Dedicated dive computer is a Citizen Promaster Aqualand. Cost under $1K but again size, it's a whopping 53mm.

JSJ

These Seikos are something special. I'm thinking there is a conspiracy here to make me buy another one.

600 metres claimed and 4299 metres achieved. Wow! That's engineering.

Kcore
These Seikos are something special. I'm thinking there is a conspiracy here to make me buy another one.

+1 on the engineering but +10000 on the conspiracy theory and I'm certain the Gaz has embedded subliminal messages of some kind in his damn Seiko collection threads only to top it off with his GS pics. I haven't been able to get a stitch of work done since!

;)

greg_r

Available from AliExpress HERE

:Whistle:

Kcore

:rofl: Good one G!

Best for a healthy & happy NY!

greg_r

:D

You too, mate!

Gazzla

+1 on the engineering but +10000 on the conspiracy theory and I'm certain the Gaz has embedded subliminal messages of some kind in his damn Seiko collection threads only to top it off with his GS pics. I haven't been able to get a stitch of work done since!

;)

XUrdiWF.jpg

Kcore
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Baldrick

Meh !!!!