Sign in to follow this  
cwfritz

Hello from Washington DC

cwfritz

Hi - I have a S/S 5500 case set, a 3000 movement with S/S crown, and what appears to be a 1016 dial and hand set, all authentic, and (assuming it will all fit together) I would like to find a watchmaker who will overhaul the movement and assemble everything into a wearable watch, using new gaskets and seals. Can any of you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

RichardMiami

To start you off in the right direction, I will move this to GD where it will be more widely read.

Happy New Year.

Daffy

The country in which you reside would be a good starting point. Where do you live?

_DC_

Well Hi there!!!!

Oh, sorry I misunderstood, thought this was just for me :P

DC

RichardMiami

The country in which you reside would be a good starting point. Where do you live?

ummmmmmmm.... note the title... Washington DC is in the US of A, although some of the folks who work there (think politicians) may well be from another planet...;)

Daffy

I'm not awake yet.

There are all sorts of watchmakers in the Arlington, VA area.

I am suffering from Yogi Berra syndrome, it seems... Ever get the feeling that you are getting Alzheimer's?

RUSH2112

Is he a fed?

cwfritz
Hi - I have a S/S 5500 case set, a 3000 movement with S/S crown, and what appears to be a 1016 dial and hand set, all authentic, and (assuming it will all fit together) I would like to find a watchmaker who will overhaul the movement and assemble everything into a wearable watch, using new gaskets and seals. Can any of you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I'll be more specific: Can anyone recommend a particular watchmaker in the DC area who could help with this project? Thanks.