Sign in to follow this  
MDK

My New AP 15300 A few shots

MDK

I just got this in the post today, it's my first AP i have had the desire for a while. I think i prefer the bigger 15400 or a ROO, it has a lovely dial it changes colour form grey to blue depending on the light.

I have pretty much Zero knowledge on AP's, i am guessing its a early 15300 but have no clue about the maker, maybe someone can chip in and identify it. It has a clone 2824-2 movement if that helps anyone.

Unfortunately at some time in its life its been butchered by somebody, some chewed screws. I have spent a bit of time cleaning her up, (not the seller)

It was stripped down and given a Ultrasonic bath, the bracelet refinished and polished the case, it has some scratches on the bezel, i cant get it off my tweezers are not strong enough to remove all the locking screws, i guess i need to make a tool or buy one (anybody have ideas on how to remove the bezel when its this tight), the screws need lifting a little as well they seem to be sunk too far.

Anyway here are a few glamour shots.

24082781922_15ab89cabd_h.jpgDSC_0210

24190822125_3cfe118d8c_h.jpgDSC_0208

24108220391_a2b46bdfa8_h.jpgDSC_0206

23823021419_5525dd7d0a_h.jpgDSC_0207

24082780562_5eedeae6a5_h.jpgDSC_0211

23823010039_e53433130c_h.jpgDSC_0215

24164727556_1398d89a0b_h.jpgDSC_0214

MDK

while i think, does anybody know if the 15400 crystal will fit the 15300 ?

trksh-bzr

while i think, does anybody know if the 15400 crystal will fit the 15300 ?

the 15300 is a 39mm watch, the 15400 is 41mm. I am positive it wont fit.

Which dealer was this from?

_DC_

This is indeed an old 15300 rep, it's the cheaper variant (the more expensive having a better bracelet and clasp and a more gen like bezel profile, although they also had issues with sticking rotors as some members will recall). I always like this version primarily because it was thinner than the more expensive version, both the case and the bracelet, which gave it a more fragile "dressier" feel.

If I recall correctly, the bezel on these ones is actually glued on, not secured via the screws, so there isn't much you can do I'm afraid! But wear it well and enjoy a classic rep from the days before the rep makers became obsessed with stupid overly thick decorated movements!!!!

DC

MDK

This is indeed an old 15300 rep, it's the cheaper variant (the more expensive having a better bracelet and clasp and a more gen like bezel profile, although they also had issues with sticking rotors as some members will recall). I always like this version primarily because it was thinner than the more expensive version, both the case and the bracelet, which gave it a more fragile "dressier" feel.

If I recall correctly, the bezel on these ones is actually glued on, not secured via the screws, so there isn't much you can do I'm afraid! But wear it well and enjoy a classic rep from the days before the rep makers became obsessed with stupid overly thick decorated movements!!!!

DC

Thanks for the reply its good to know the origins of the watch, i have since moved on from this one and now have the latest JF model i found it too small, although i am now wondering if i should have kept it.

I did purchase several double AR crystals from China but none really fit well so left it as standard it isn't glued on, i stripped it down to re-brush the entire case it wasn't in the greatest condition when i received it.