Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

Help Wanted

SteveA

Iam looking for a cheapie rep,quartz will do ,needs to be chunky,waterproof(in and out of pool,shower etc no deep sea diving) and durable ie finish not peeling or chipping off 1st time you wear it.It needs to be my daily beater whilst on hols in the sun so needs to be hard wearing not bothered if stainless or rubber bracelet .

Its something I will probs take to my villa and leave there when we come home so will only use it 4 - 5 times per year.

All ideas greatly welcomed.

gtwc

Why not buy a genuine quartz?

cheap enough and you can leave them dotted all around your villa(s).

Timex do some goodies.......

SteveA

Yeah thought about that but wondered if there was a half decent rep that would do the job

Del

Whatever rep you buy you cannot be guaranteed that it will be waterproof - to be on the safe side it is always recommended that it is pressure tested before getting it wet.

Robert at PrestigeWatchCo has some lovely quartz Panerais and Hublots listed at the moment, although I'm not sure how easy it is to waterproof them. They are certainly high quality and chunky so should fit the bill :lol:.

JohnG
Yeah thought about that but wondered if there was a half decent rep that would do the job

Buy one of Narikaa's cheapie Planet Oceans - it is inexpensive, automatic, - you will just need to have it pressure tested and perhaps have the o-rings greased. Everyone says this watch is fantastic...

I think most of the inexpensive but decent quartz reps are chronos, which are best kept away from the water, I would go with a non-chrono for use in water....

There are also nice 21j Superocean Steelfish reps for a little over $100.... maybe $120-140...

sconehead

Tag F1 quartz would fit the bill methinks...:Whistle:

JohnG

but he wants something water-friendly.... is that watch or can it be made, water resistant?

sconehead

but he wants something water-friendly.... is that watch or can it be made, water resistant?

non-chrono should be fine imo...:)

SteveA

Cheers I ll have a look at these models ,keep them coming.If I wanted a watch pressure testing or waterproofing how do I go about it ?

Member X

Have a look at some Tauchmeister stuff on the 'bay - they have some divers stuff that's 200m WR and looks pretty good, with awesome lume :drool:

SteveA

Yeah had a look at e bay all look really cheap whereas with even a cheaper rep they dont really look cheap if you know what I mean

OmegaOverlord

i am really interested in this tooo thinking about picking up a F1 quartz chono but wopndring how to waterproof the pushers

SteveA

I ended up buying a gen G shock

J!m

OK.

I just saw this but was going to suggest a gen Timex expedition chrono.

I got one when I found myself with exactly zero working watches and this thing is pretty nice for a low cost watch. WR to 100m according to them, and since it's gen, you can call them on it...

Anyway, the G-shock will last forever so no worries there!

Daywatch

Timex expedition +1 if You go quartz, cheapest

Seiko SKX 009 if You go auto - good, long lasting lumibrite, true in-house reliable movement, 200m waterproof: Creation Watches ship ultrafast and free

(it´s a marinemaster, but cheaper :) )

Seadweller 16600 - waterproof rep-style, easier because of thick glass and screw-down crown

"Superduper-superlume"

PBTimexExpeditionIndigloLumeshot_0160_zpsa67f3f3e.jpg

True 200m Classic Divers Watch

SeikoDramaticL1050732.jpg

Mazz

Uh this thread is from 2011