Sign in to follow this  
alphakazi

Werners Super Mod 747 Chronograph

alphakazi

Doorbells rings around 9am. It always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I have a couple watches en-route. My girlfriend answers the door as I'm still in bed. A brief conversions ensues and I hear "Why is it in my name?"... paper ripping sounds can be heard... "oh, his watch came" I hear from the 2nd floor with door closed. Butterflies take flight in my stomach. She runs up stairs, opens the door - I open one squinting eye and she gives me a box surrounded in bubble wrap - "Honey, you have a gift from the mailman"

I went to bed late and only had a few hours of sleep. I jump out of bed and rip the box open to find a tin can labeled Aeromatic 1912 Germany. I pop the tin can and behold one of the most beautiful watches I've seen in person... it's stunning - I just stare at it for a while as all my systems come online from my slumber.

The build quality is exceptional, it's very heavy and the 47mm size is perfection. I admire the satin stainless steel finish and immediately remove the stickers, put it on and get my camera...

to be continued...

edit :

Werners calls this the Super large mod 747 Chronograph

img5399l.jpg

a unique design with the hour markers in the center ring - 24hr on the white outer ring and Tachometer on the outer black ring (both adjustable using both the 9:00 and 8:00 crowns.

One of the greatest features, I think, on this quartz is the lack of running seconds - no ticking whatsoever (unless you use the chrono)

img5377.jpg

img5378.jpg

img5392m.jpg

img5394v.jpg

24 hours half-phase indicator at 3:00

img5403y.jpg

60 minute half-phase stop indicator at 9:00

img5404.jpg

img53942.jpg

Features:

* Central second stop indicator

* 60 minute half-phase stop indicator at 9:00

* 24 hours half-phase indicator at 3:00

* Date indicator at 6:00 (quick winding with the crown at Pos. 1 clockwise rotation)

* Tachymeter Ring (winding with the crown on position 9:00)

* 24 hour ring (winding with the crown on position 8:00)

* High quality movement

* Case size 47,1 mm, Depth 14,8 mm, all stainless steel, screwed bottom

* 5 atm/50 Metres water resistant

* High quality Mineral glass

* luminous hands and digits

* High quality leather strap with thorn buckle length 250 mm

* Delivery includes comprehensive instructions,presentation case & Warranty certificate

* 24 month warranty.

I can't say there was "comprehensive instructions" - it was a printed page with general instructions for various models. No pictures and quite a bit of missing info. No problem really, it's all quite self explanatory and much more than you would receive with any rep.

img5374q.th.jpgimg5366b.th.jpgimg5365.th.jpgimg5363i.th.jpgimg5362kgg.th.jpgimg5361w.th.jpgimg5360j.th.jpgimg5357d.th.jpgimg5356.th.jpgimg5355.th.jpgimg5354p.th.jpgimg5350.th.jpgimg5348.th.jpgimg5346j.th.jpgimg53942.th.jpg

Overall I'm extremely happy with this watch - at this price it's a great deal. The crowns moving the 2 rings are silky smooth. This is of course, a cheaper gen and it does leave some things to be desired such as AR, better print quality and better lume but you get much more than you pay for on this one (I'd compare it with a $500-1000 watch). I highly recommend this watch and my experience with Werners was great.

Only £99.95

http://www.wernersflyingwatches.com/products.asp?ProID=21

onzenuub

Why do you let youjust like that?

greg_r
Doorbells rings around 9am. It always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I have a couple watches en-route. My girlfriend answers the door as I'm still in bed. A brief conversions ensues and I hear "Why is it in my name?"... paper ripping sounds can be heard... "oh, his watch came" I hear from the 2nd floor with door closed. Butterflies take flight in my stomach. She runs up stairs, opens the door - I open one squinting eye and she gives me a box surrounded in bubble wrap - "Honey, you have a gift from the mailman"

I went to bed late and only had a few hours of sleep. I jump out of bed and rip the box open to find a tin can labeled Aeromatic 1912 Germany. I pop the tin can and behold one of the most beautiful watches I've seen in person... it's stunning - I just stare at it for a while as all my systems come online from my slumber.

The build quality is exceptional, it's very heavy and the 47mm size is perfection. I admire the satin stainless steel finish and immediately remove the stickers, put it on and get my camera...

to be continued...

B*stard! Don't do that to us! We need pics now!!!!!

Aaaaaargh!

:lol:

Glad you're pleased with the watch, mate :thumbsup:

Luthier

Was she naked, when she opened the door?

:beer:

alphakazi

ok back from work... time to share this beast with you - I have to blame oscar for this one - I instantly fell for it when he posted it a couple weeks back

* added pics to 1st post

Luthier

Great watch, Kazi!!!!!!! I like design and size.

Thanks for sharing and... enjoy!!!

greg_r

Watch looks fabulous - especially for the dough. Wear it in good health etc....... :)

oscarmadfish

no commisson needed for oscar looks great enjoy

trailboss99

No running sec? No good for flying then. Nice watch mind you. Too big for me tho. I love the three crowns, wow. Werners appear to be exelent value for money that's for shure. They are picking up quite a few sales here.

Oh, and you havn't answered Luthiers question either :)

Col.

alphakazi

Your right Col, not the best choice for flight.

It looks like Werners makes $500 watches for $100 - it actually worked out to $136 USD

At the door she wasn't naked but after I put the watch on... :bugger off: it's amazing the effect a nice watch has on a woman

Luthier

It looks like Werners makes $500 watches for $100 - it actually worked out to $136 USD

At the door she wasn't naked but after I put the watch on... :bugger off: it's amazing the effect a nice watch has on a woman

Did nice watch affect your hard on too?

;)

alphakazi

ok I suppose a nice watch has an effect on men too :bugger off:

KinCaidk

Wauw... That's a nice watch.. at a great price!

onzenuub

Pics or it didn't happen.

greg_r

At the door she wasn't naked but after I put the watch on... ;) it's amazing the effect a nice watch has on a woman

:bugger off:

alphakazi

;)

onzenuub

At the door she wasn't naked but after I put the watch on... :wub: it's amazing the effect a nice watch has on a woman

:D

Oke it didn't happen, dammit.

alphakazi

I considered posting pics for a moment, then came to my senses :wub:

oscarmadfish

why does onze want to see pics of alphas cock ???

greg_r
why does onze want to see pics of alphas cock ???

He's like that.

alphakazi

taking my cock for a wock

chicken.jpg

greg_r

No wonder all the girls like you, kazi.... :)