Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

Surviving the shyster's and scammers

WatchDog21

After almost a year this saga is now over. This watch has done some traveling. From shysters in the Philippines and to another in Chicopee MA. Now finally made right by Spencer Klein out in Colorado it is home and working wonderfully. Here is what Spencer said had been done to the watch when it first came from the Philippines.

"What Loy had done was to just take the dial holding ring and use it as the movement ring. Sloppy and it doesn't work at all, and it messes up other things to do that." (Spencer immediately recognized the handiwork here and called the eBay seller name spot on without me ever saying)

"some sloppy work designed to get the watch out the door"

"It's not recently serviced at all. It hasn't been serviced since it was made, I guarantee it."

After its trip to Chicopee (interesting how his user name is part of the City he lives in) I can without hesitation say "liar, liar" about him.

In the end the repair was not that bad; the movement ring was simply missing, and the crown / stem were bad. Spencer fixed these issues and fully serviced the watch. Needless to say I will never buy another watch that is based in either the Philippines or India, they do whatever it takes to "get the watch out the door" and the buyer will be stuck with a headache at a minimum. All too common a scenario.

24436617465_20452bc061_b.jpg

andyboy

Bit of a journey getting it up and running, looking good though :thumbsup2:

My 7002 says hello

2014-07-211204051_zps80108046.jpg

Kcore

Glad it worked out and you have that wonderful Seiko back at home!

markeym3

It's had a bit of a journey , but good to see it all up and running .

Mine says hi too..

20130823_100938_zps7634d548.jpg

WatchDog21

Bit of a journey getting it up and running, looking good though :thumbsup2:

My 7002 says hello

2014-07-211204051_zps80108046.jpg

Fantastic looking 7002. I actually have a jubilee bracelet that I purchased when I originally go this. I had later picked up the SKX009 on jubilee so for now I think I will leave it on the rubber strap