Sign in to follow this  
k4jun

Curved shark for PO 42?

k4jun

Good evening folks,

Wondering would you be able to redirect me to some experienced stapmaker who can deal with curved strap... senior strapmakes should I say?

Looking for something like this (but shark not ostrich, and 20mm not 22mm which I guess is on the pic)

DSC07425.JPG

Never ordered any custom strap yet. I gave a priority to strapmakers on gen forum in my homeland, but all what I've received was "sir, making curved strap is a rocket science! I would've did it if you can provide me with curved plastic base from omega... - oh, no wait, I couldn't do that even if you have a plastic because I can't source shark skin"

... :facepalm: ...

I do not have any fucking plastic base for omega.

Understand it may not be an easy job, so looking for someone who can cope with it.

Who should I speak to? please advise.

Thank you

Edited by k4jun

Genius

You could maybe get a cheap rep leather strap for the plastic insert, then you need to message a strapmaker who will work with shark... McJules does a lot of work with exotic skins maybe try him

k4jun

Couldn't find curved leather strap, on eBay there are curved rubbers or straight leathers.

the_frenchman

http://www.ebay.es/ulk/itm/311526540511

Im not sure you can get cheap leather straps with curved ends...... Even on high end reps of the CRPO where the strap should be leather they always rep it with a rubber band.

If i was you il get a rubber strap and try to contact some of strapmakers to see if they can work with it.

Cubic Hare

I have both Blue and Black Shark skins but forget the curved end without the plastic formers that fit the end neatly to the case. If you want a straight one, no problem.

Cheers

EDIT: you could try Milgore Straps. He has a 3d printer and I know he makes the formers for AP straps and Santos too I think.

strapviet
http://www.ebay.es/ulk/itm/311526540511

Im not sure you can get cheap leather straps with curved ends...... Even on high end reps of the CRPO where the strap should be leather they always rep it with a rubber band.

If i was you il get a rubber strap and try to contact some of strapmakers to see if they can work with it.

I just found a smart way from a smart guy with a new solution. I alway take a lot of time to work on a wood based curved thing for he strap.

strapviet

It's something like this.

12508973_1031974923539126_2934148214262254584_n.jpg?oh=7ba7bd882ef17e090d24a2abc01b212f&oe=57423BD5

12418085_1031973580205927_4223335688656480761_n.jpg?oh=f99644df862bbeee34c2e7f5c34c2a90&oe=573692BA

k4jun

Thank you so much guys :beer2:

Curved rubber from zhuo... is in my mail, ordered it to wear it, first going to try folks mentioned here and de-assembly of zhuo strap will be like a last resort.

@strapviet, welcome on RWG:) seems like you have some skills mate. Btw, regarding dimensions this is what I was able to found out for this particular strap:

s-l1600.jpg

penman80

Try pugostraps.com He's reasonable and an artisan.....

Abe Fromen

Hirsch makes great curved end straps in faux gator and leather. I've got one on my 16610 and it's great.

vaquerito

Did the strap come in? I'm looking for a a cool blue strap for a GoodPlanet. Share how your search turned out?

k4jun

It is work in progress my friend.

k4jun

Thanks mate, photo in the first post comes from D9 website indeed. IIRC their price for such strap was between 350-400 EUR, depending on materials used... :fuck:

Tits McGee

I'd use Bond. TD here. Phenomenal work.