Sign in to follow this  
Andy-B

Help! - Asian ETA 2824 25J 28800bph Automatic Movement

Andy-B

Further to my last, the weight vibrates in the vertical plane, not just with a brief back-and-forth rotational oscillation which I'd expect to see when it comes to rest.

Will certainly be easier to replace than repair judging by the cost of an entire new unit. Thanks for the link.

Edited by Andy-B

Genius
Andy-B

Cool - thanks much!

And thanks all for your sage advice - hope no keyboards were given a wash with cup of 'warm brown' at my suggestion of glue... :lmao2:

splke

Harsh words exchanged there lovers nearly spat my tea out

JSJ

Cool - thanks much!

And thanks all for your sage advice - hope no keyboards were given a wash with cup of 'warm brown' at my suggestion of glue... :lmao2:

Well at least you didn't actually glue it.

:trainwreck:

ROLIE

Was reading this today while out and about on tapa and my thoughts where the bearing had to much play in it , but also the hassle about a screwdriver and as pickle said you don't need to spend a fortune on them if they going to sit in a draw for the remainder.

anyway its easier just to buy another rotor but you may find that one might have play in it..

GenTLe

Andy, I suspect you got one of those cheap "watchmaker set" that are sold on Amazon or eBay, that would be the reason of fatty screwdrivers. Take care that in those kits also the tweezers are crap and, together with the screwdrivers, they are the most important tools to work on a movement. Bad ones make bit to fly away (and be lost) other than make picking a part very difficult.

If you have the possibility get one Vetus st-12. It is a good one and the mostly used.

And sorry for the fight before. I go mad when idiots speak with "forked tongue" to put negative doubts on someone... Especially if that someone is me and especially if there is fucking nothing behind. The world would be better without them :E

BadPickle

Andy, I suspect you got one of those cheap "watchmaker set" that are sold on Amazon or eBay, that would be the reason of fatty screwdrivers. Take care that in those kits also the tweezers are crap and, together with the screwdrivers, they are the most important tools to work on a movement. Bad ones make bit to fly away (and be lost) other than make picking a part very difficult.

If you have the possibility get one Vetus st-12. It is a good one and the mostly used.

And sorry for the fight before. I go mad when idiots speak with "forked tongue" to put negative doubts on someone... Especially if that someone is me and especially if there is fucking nothing behind. The world would be better without them :E

Apology accepted :thumbsup:

Carry on :D

GenTLe

Welcome to my ignore list, failed moderator wannabe.

Member X

I am confused.

BadPickle

Did you get a fix here Andy? :D

onionbag

I see now.

Anyhoos, for those who find difficulty obtaining purchase with a screw.

Put a wee drop of valve grind paste on the tip of your screwdriver..........or some Screw Grab.

Trust me............I'm an engineer. ;)