Sign in to follow this  
boredpanda

Finally took the plunge!

boredpanda

Been a while since I joined the forum. Finally got to purchasing a watch =P

24225797333_ccc54833fd_b.jpg

24557146940_a092d77c52_b.jpg

Got the pam111 from toro ^_^, ordered the asso strap though but got shipped with the rubber. Toro said it'll get delivered after CNY

Quality was good! Except for a speck of dust on the movement and the crowd guard screws are nicked (thankfully those are not easily seen)

However, the crowd guard lever feels a little wobbly though. Is this supposed to be normal??

Also snapped myself an orient bambino. Now that I have it, I'm wondering why I didn't get it earlier :bounce:

Simms

Hey congrats on a great, great choice. You really did your research and it shows. I actually prefer the rubber strap vs asso but eventually I had a black croco hornback made custom from HK TAN.

As for the wobbly crown guard, it all depends on how wanly it is. Maybe the fact that the crown guard screws are nicked has something to do with that (bumped during shipping or somewhere along the way)?

boredpanda

Hey congrats on a great, great choice. You really did your research and it shows. I actually prefer the rubber strap vs asso but eventually I had a black croco hornback made custom from HK TAN.

As for the wobbly crown guard, it all depends on how wanly it is. Maybe the fact that the crown guard screws are nicked has something to do with that (bumped during shipping or somewhere along the way)?

The rubber feels very good actually! Better than most rubber straps I've tried.

What I meant was the lever when you have to pull out before you can turn the crown, is that lever supposed to feel wobbly?

Maybe I will be looking into custom strap eventually :frusty:

Simms

It's difficult to comment on the lever, I'd have to see it to tell you. Mine is quite tight but there is a little play when I open it to wind/adjust the time.