Sign in to follow this  
FreezerBurn

Pulled out, but in a bad way..

FreezerBurn

Welcome to the FreezerBurn memorial..

I pulled the crown out of my IWC Big Pilot from Mary within the hour I got it ...

UA9a9.jpg

PJDpHl.jpg

This is the first time I've been inside of a watch. I'm ok with mechanics, but have zip experience on movements. I'm ready to learn my lesson, I just hope it's not an expensive one...

graman

Mate...if you haven't snapped the stem, or buggered the mech up, then it should snap back in.

Just make sure that the movement is aligned with the tube, and give it a bit of a jiggle back and forth (like you're winding it only way less) as you slide it in.

Let us know how you go ;)

FreezerBurn
Mate...if you haven't snapped the stem, or buggered the mech up, then it should snap back in.

Just make sure that the movement is aligned with the tube, and give it a bit of a jiggle back and forth (like you're winding it only way less) as you slide it in.

well it went int some of the way and was able to wind the watch, but was still loose. tried to push it in but it gave kind of a smooth push in like the bar was sinking into the crown or something like that. I could give it more force but I don't want to give it too much force.

narikaa

Thats marvellous advise if youd like the guy to totally fukk his keyless works (If he hasnt already!)

Dear OP you put the stem (which clearly is not snapped) back in then you need to depress the catch

here:

Capture-1.jpg

Ever so slightly to seat it all the way in

Hope that that remedies the situation - There may of course have been something dramatically wrong with the keyless works (that which holds said stem in place) in the first place to allow this to happen - assuming you didnt 'Conan the Barbarian' it

Failing all that you could always take one of those 'Instant Timeserved Watchsmith Tablets' that many on these fora avail themselves of ;)

prestigewatchco

Some of these are difficult to put back in.

I have had to slacken the crown off before now to get the stem far enough in .

The spring loading on the crown doesn't allow the stem to go in far enough on occation .

If you are not sure how to slacken the crown off then maybe better to get it done and re installed by someone you can mess up the keyless very easy if you push too hard on the lock button.

Something to always remember when working on watches is the least pressure gets the best results if you have to force it you are doing it wrong

This is unfortunately one of the more difficult stems to install because of the sping loaded crown

FreezerBurn

WE DID IT!

5MRdC.jpg

Didn't realize that little dot was a button. Pressed it down with my pick and it slid right in.

Set the time and calendar date just fine and it's ticking away! Was sweating bullets, but just this small experience was a giant leap for me. Thanks for the support!

graman

Thats marvellous advise if youd like the guy to totally fukk his keyless works (If he hasnt already!)

Dear OP you put the stem (which clearly is not snapped) back in then you need to depress the catch

here:

Capture-1.jpg

Ever so slightly to seat it all the way in

Hope that that remedies the situation - There may of course have been something dramatically wrong with the keyless works (that which holds said stem in place) in the first place to allow this to happen - assuming you didnt 'Conan the Barbarian' it

Failing all that you could always take one of those 'Instant Timeserved Watchsmith Tablets' that many on these fora avail themselves of ;)

Lesson learned ;)....forgot about the catch......Thank you my lord ;)

djprone

All this pulling out and sliding back in talk is making me horny

narikaa

Why (looking at the state of your avatar) does that not surprise me

;)

graman

With an avatar like that, I think djprone'd do a black snake with a festering asshole........;)

.....ok...maybe only if you held it's head...

ChasR

I had this problem with my Asian 7750 Tag Calibre 16 Day Date and the stem would not click back in place

Movement was working but couldn't locate the shaft even with pressing the catch

Kept trying and it eventually caught, I could wind, change hour, day, date, but watch has stopped.

Watch cost about $300 so unless someone is prepared to treat me as a charity and get it working again for nothing I don't think that I will be putting out $200 plus to put it on my wrist again