Sign in to follow this  
SteveR123

Rep Rolex DSSD, which one to buy???

68 Bullit

This is part of the Chase, finding the rep we like with least amount of flaws, and at thousands less than the real deal. It's guys like Robert that bring us closer to that goal.

If it's perfection that you seek, then only the genuine article will suffice.

Miracle

The flaws I'm talking about are

1 sloppy markings

2 sloppy steel casting

3 markings not inline

If I got a dssd that had none of the above I'd be happy I'm not saying stick it next to a gen but at least make sure what we do have is well done

bme
The flaws I'm talking about are

1 sloppy markings

2 sloppy steel casting

3 markings not inline

If I got a dssd that had none of the above I'd be happy I'm not saying stick it next to a gen but at least make sure what we do have is well done

I'm hopefully not in the minority here but I have quite a few reps and am happy with the fact that none are perfect..................yet to meet someone with a loupe in their pocket!

Miracle

I'm hopefully not in the minority here but I have quite a few reps and am happy with the fact that none are perfect..................yet to meet someone with a loupe in their pocket

Jumping the gun lol. as I was saying I have top end reps NO cheep shit and still I or anyone can see flaws by EYE

Sloppy steel casting is a very bad thing for Q.C to let slip past

All I'm saying BME is that the standard of Q.C is not good we should at least get a rep that has good markings good casting is that to much to ask for it can be done if we get better Q.C

We are still paying for a product

If you buy a copy DVD u need to be able to at least watch it

Why buy a rep if every one knows it's a fake just by looking at it I'm sure we all spend shit load on reps and need better Q.C

MikeMcNair

I demand examples of these casting flaws and poor indicators you speak of, use Roberts or mary's pix (both linked in this thread) to illustrate.

Go.

Luthier

Good idea.

By the way, guys, you forgot one simple thing - dealers don't make replicas, factories do. Dealers are just a resellers. So, dealers QC can't fix "floppy casting (???)" or "sloppy msarkings".

Pentax

The best, is to buy a cheap rep that has some or closed to the correct modding and then you can send it to a watch smith so that he can modd the thing for you at least to appoint were it's acceptable.

That's what I would do

Or even better buy aftermarket parts like yuki case and dial movement date inlay etc... And send them to a watch smith and get the. Put together. You can realy make a awesome watch

Ok there is an over price but at least your are closer to the gen.

If you don't have the cash, then stick with trusted dealers see their Picts and remarks from the members on this forum and then decide which one you will buy from who.

Pentax
Did you ever see flawless replicas???

No Luthier some come very close but even with all the money people spend on modding there is always flaws compared to gen

I am sure many people have bought Grey Market Reps Robert like you have said which you cant tell the difference from the Gen

Ohh I found out some news that there is a greek guy in Athens that made Cases and Bracelet parts for the AD's ;-) of Omegas and Rolex

How do you just "find" things out like that Pentax? ;)

You are some hacker guy it seems... ;)

No Akira I am CIA ;-P

d1isthe1
Save time mate and get bks modded one is more cash but trust me I have the newest version of the dssd perfect 10 super blue lume and Swiss eta it's perfect but u will always have an eye out for the vest you can get and it's worth getting the best for a little more cash

I also ordered a BK Dssd ... I already have one fom the noobfactory... The BK one is yet to arrive i will do an indepth review of the both .... But it is for sure that a swiss ETA is the movement to go for....

Miracle

I demand examples of these casting flaws and poor indicators you speak of, use Roberts or mary's pix (both linked in this thread) to illustrate.

Go.. You demand. Are you mad. You demand jack shit mate

Youe got jokes lol demand lol ha ha Every watch I have has slight flaws we all have them and yes the factory is at fault but it's down to the DEALERS not to pass this on to us the only watch I have that's no flaws I can see is my skyland avenger v3 from Mary

prestigewatchco

Most people are happy with Rep watches they buy and the general opinion in the factories is those that aren't are better left alone to get on with it

So no big cnanges happening anytime soon

Miracle

Robert we don't have a choice if we don't like it don't buy it that's it

Do you personally. Q.C. Every watch that you send out ????

prestigewatchco

Are you mad of course I don't why would I ? I have staff. Have you never heard the saying why buy a dog and bark yourself!

prestigewatchco

You do have a choice if the reps are not good enough for you . You can always buy the genuine item no one is stopping you doing that

Miracle

You do have a choice if the reps are not good enough for you . You can always buy the genuine item no one is stopping you doing that.

I just said that in ny last post saying if we don't like them don't have to buy them.

Back to the Q.C. Robert that is 100% my point you don't do the Q.C yoursellf so you don't know what's getting send out it's your staff that have that say

prestigewatchco

You don't have a point!

What you are suggesting is ludicrous I physically would not be able to inspect every watch I sell every week just not possible.

As I said if the quality of rep watches that seems to please the greater majority of people doesn't suit you then only alternative is to buy genuine.

You are not going to change anything unless you are willing to pay premiums for every watch you buy

Easier to just not sell to you and sell to someone else maynot be the solution you are looking for but a fact of life unfortunately

Miracle

Your missing the point. Your staff that pass the watch should have a better Q.C . I own and Run a rec label and shift 100 -200k units in a mth I can't Q.C everyone but the staff that press a record do and the lev of Q.C is very very good it can be done.

It's not that the general public are happy they just put up with it . If you buy a record from me Robert and I send it to you and it's scratched is that ok just to put up with it because I say I can't look at every record no that's not good and I'd be out of business

bme
Your missing the point. Your staff that pass the watch should have a better Q.C . I own and Run a rec label and shift 100 -200k units in a mth I can't Q.C everyone but the staff that press a record do and the lev of Q.C is very very good it can be done.

It's not that the general public are happy they just put up with it . If you buy a record from me Robert and I send it to you and it's scratched is that ok just to put up with it because I say I can't look at every record no that's not good and I'd be out of business

:bcake:

Akira
Back to the Q.C. Robert that is 100% my point you don't do the Q.C yoursellf so you don't know what's getting send out it's your staff that have that say
Your missing the point. Your staff that pass the watch should have a better Q.C .

I don't get the problem here.

Who cares if Robert personally or his staff do the QC ?

I can't remember a single incident with Robert's watches

where he didn't took responsebility for any faults.

And that is what being a "trusted dealer" is all about.

Miracle it's non of your business how he handles his!

Miracle

Is my business if I'm geting a watch that ant up to scratch

Miracle

@BME can I help you if so pm me !!!

Akira
Is my business if I'm geting a watch that ant up to scratch

Have I missed the review of yours where you showed the watch?

Or is this all hypothetical?

Miracle

No review just feedback akira

Akira
No review just feedback akira

Miracle Robert is selling more than 500 watches/week. Why should he inspect every single watch himself?

That would be highly uneconomic!

There can always be faults just accept that.

This is still an illegal hobby with the supply based in China, where OC is just a different meaning to yours.

Miracle

I said he's staff not him for the 4th time and why not