Sign in to follow this  
MoveAlong

MoveAlong's Seiko Astron SSE003J1 - GPS Techno Marvel

MoveAlong

Well, after drooling over other members' Astrons for over a year, I finally decided to join the club. It is absolutely amazing!! :Jumpy:

A lot of people blame Gazzla for draining bank accounts due to the phenomenal photography of his ongoing collection. I am one of those people. But it's cool, thanks mate! I couldn't be happier now. Cheers!

:beer2::throwingmoney:

Anyway, I won't repeat the general info Gaz has on his excellent review, so click the links below - good stuff.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...opic=92287&st=0

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=92324

My takeaways? All the cool tech aside, the titanium is unbelievable. It almost feels like the weight of light plastic when I pick it up. The polished titanium highlights are very subtle and classy. Being anywhere on the planet, pressing a button, and having the local time automatically set for you and being accurate to a millisecond is just too cool. At first glance, it looks like there is way too much going on with the dial. But, once you get used to it and know what everything does and all the functions, it really is very economical in the layout. There is a great sense of depth with the hands, chapter ring, and indices. The AR is the absolute best I've ever experienced! Half the time when I look at it, I think the crystal is missing... seriously good! The lume is OK, not the normaI amazeballs nuclear level you would expect from a very expensive Seiko. I was torn between this (the black), and the blue SSE005. I'm really glad I went with the black because this dial displays a very wide variety of shades, depending on the light source. I tried to show this in the pics below. But blah, blah, blah, it's awesome - on to my humble attempt at pics. I debated working on and posting pics of a watch that Gaz has already brilliantly captured, but thought what the hell!

25003474936_b2a2927c89_b.jpg

25029818905_8b302a7f09_c.jpg

24734281710_164f426904_c.jpg

24402981893_2d85ca39c2_c.jpg

24734283070_9aae896a13_c.jpg

24936534301_9e3dee3193_c.jpg

24402983863_1805fe0e24_c.jpg

24399204664_d32978619f_c.jpg

24662196079_068b6f957d_c.jpg

24402982963_69e9f79d7d_c.jpg

24911784592_656a7297e3_c.jpg

24662194329_8bfe309244_c.jpg

Kcore

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great write up and pics!!! Oh yes, humility too :giggle:

Kcore

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great write up and pics!!! Oh yes, humility too :giggle:

Pharmo

:drool: :drool: :drool: just superb!

I NEED one.

Foxindebox

Beautiful mate... Simply beautiful :clap:

Gazzla

Looks fantastic mate. Brilliant photos; you've properly done it justice. May you get many years of pleasure from such a phenomenal watch.

dB0X4TU.gif

Kwt

Awesome man and your pictures aren't half bad too! Enjoy the watch.

trailboss99

If they weren't Ti I'd consider one but I can't abide the stuff as a watch case material. Other than that it's a winner all over.

Genius

Cracking photos, at first I thought you had stolen them from Gaz' post

WatchDog21

Congrats on such a fine watch purchase! The dial is really something on how depending on the ligh it will appear a different color. My dial is black but so many times in the light I swear it is a dark brown. Great pics!

If they weren't Ti I'd consider one but I can't abide the stuff as a watch case material. Other than that it's a winner all over.

My SSE033 is not the Titanium. I tried one on and it was so damn lightweight I couldn't even tell it was on my wrist! I wanted one that reminded me it was there, just my personal pref that's all.

Enjoy your new beauty!

Gazzla

SSE011. Stainless Steel and around £500 cheaper than titanium:

7jPLgnO.jpg

MetalMickey

Whoa whoa whoah sweet chid of mine that is a pretty looking Astron!

MoveAlong

Thanks to all! I like the Ti and the airport codes on the bezel to mark the time zones. But, the tachymeter is pretty sweet looking on the SS too. Can't go wrong either way...