Sign in to follow this  
NCRich

New Rollie and Martu strap

NCRich

Just got 3 watches in from Silix for some vintagizing practice. I have to say these are pretty nice watches right out of the box. This red sea dweller looks really nice in person and really shines on this martu strap.

IMG_1497_zpsyboqxpwb.jpg

IMG_1498_zps1e5h3qcb.jpg

Got the strap and the buckle off the bay from Chile.

IMG_1499_zpschyqd8gu.jpg

This came from Silix. A whole $92, the strap was $40ish, and the buckle $8. Michelle told me they had changed the plexi to a high dome and it looks really good.

IMG_1503_zps6l6lrxxb.jpg

I've got a Tudor vintage dial and gold tiger big ball hands I was going to put on this but I think I'll wear it a while before I go tearing it apart.

GenTLe

Nice! I am searching for a red sd from quite some time. Care to tshare the link, please?

N.Rico

NICE !

good straps makes Martu .

ShovelnTC

Looks great just as it is but I'm more of a "New Old Stock" kinda guy than a "fuck it up for no good reason" kinda guy :giggle:

Enjoy it as is or fuck it up for no good reason as long as it feels good. :thumbsup:

fatarms

The dial says Submariner?

NCRich

The dial says Submariner?

Sorry :lol: It is supposed to say submariner, copy of 1968 red sub. I misspoke in the first post.

I've also got an assortment of raffles dials that I ordered. I only wanted this for the case/bracelet/movement. This is way better than I expected. Nice smooth 21j with brass retaining ring, and the bracelet really doesn't suck. I'll wear this like it is until I get to playing with it.

Daywatch

Looks great, amongst all super-rep ideology these old beaters have been forgotten and I love them. Solid assembly and whatever You try, they just keep running like there is always a tomorrow.

NCRich

Nice! I am searching for a red sd from quite some time. Care to tshare the link, please?

Unless you are going to swap the dial this probably isn't for you if you want a good SD. This actually is a red submariner. But I've already got a nice SD seen in this thread. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=113934

But the Silix link is:

http://www.silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_205_214&products_id=1963

Look through you might find a SD with the same case. If you don't just ask Michelle at Silix, I know others have gotten a red SD from her.

UmpaHimself

Looks great for the money. You can practice doing a relume on that dial too. Quick easy mod that would make it look great is to pop out that pearl and replace it with one from Ofrei.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_150.html#9131

Simms

Looks great, congrats

copperfront

The side profile on the redtext subs always reminds me of UFOs. Very nice piece!

FunnyStarSystem

That's just gorgeous, love the combo. I'ma hafta hit up Mary now!

GenTLe

Unless you are going to swap the dial this probably isn't for you if you want a good SD. This actually is a red submariner. But I've already got a nice SD seen in this thread. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=113934

But the Silix link is:

http://www.silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_205_214&products_id=1963

Look through you might find a SD with the same case. If you don't just ask Michelle at Silix, I know others have gotten a red SD from her.

Lol, I saw the domed plexy and no Cyclops and I thought "SD".

I am assembling a 2846 (low beat 2836) to get a double red sd with a correct movement, but firstly I need the correct case/dial. Hard to find :)

2200CET

Very nice, I think I'm getting one since they don't stock cases any longer. At least I think so, haven't checked in ages. Your link shows one with date mag tho...

NCRich
Very nice, I think I'm getting one since they don't stock cases any longer. At least I think so, haven't checked in ages. Your link shows one with date mag tho...

They changed the plexiglass. Ask questions. Those websites get outdated. You could also request a riveted bracelet.