Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Panerai 087 H Factory Vac Modded

plankton

Pleased I am with this watch, very. Now straight away I could care less if there are any flaws from the gen as buying a gen PAM in my eyes is a losing proposition as they take such an incredible $$ hit from day one even with the gen dealers I have available, so I have always liked the Subs a lot and had been waiting for the 087 for some time.

Purchased my 087 from Ken, the typical A7750 (which is a great rep movement) was off at differing positions more than I wanted even after some tuning and for the first time the H factory lume would die out really quickly. Maybe because this was a new release at the time, wasn't sure. So I sent it to Vac, who lives in my town which I'm always thankful for. We did a full rebuild of the 7750 instead of doing a gen, lume, WP.

Finished product is something to behold. I bought a strap from one of the strap dealers on WUS for $59.00, bargain, then did my usual finish work on this watch.

Lume screams as anyone would expect coming from Vac, the movement is pleasingly accurate even at crazy angles (I'm a bit of a nut about accuracy even though I usually don't wear any of my watches 2-3 days in a row, it's just nice to get it off the winder and have it dead on. Maybe I need some professional help concerning that one, but we are all fricking nuts about watches on here so at least I'm in good company!

So pics, notice the angles at the bottom pics of the watch on my timer.

lH25dEe.jpg

9AKtwKU.jpg

CrzOIzQ.jpg

X8YfGTp.jpg

laMjqDG.jpg

L8MA8h3.jpg

3 SCP on it's face

B086Cuc.jpg

plankton

So as far a CSOC goes at three angles this guy is running 1 SPD+ off, if this lasts for a long time I'd say I'm done buying gen 7750's and sticking in these watches. I'm gonna try to keep this one for a little while. Fun watch.

panerai love

BEAUTIFUL! just a gorgeous watch! wear it well!

Gazzla
dB0X4TU.gif

Simms

Wow!

:drool:

plankton

dB0X4TU.gif

Gazzla I forgot what setting I use on my D3200 to get crisp pics. It's picking up reflection on the crystal that isn't there to the naked eye. I had a setting that did not require really bright lights. Do you remember the setting we spoke about last year, I haven't been posting pics in a while.......

mdakers68

That is really nice ....good work !!

mogget

Looking great!

Gazzla

dB0X4TU.gif

Gazzla I forgot what setting I use on my D3200 to get crisp pics. It's picking up reflection on the crystal that isn't there to the naked eye. I had a setting that did not require really bright lights. Do you remember the setting we spoke about last year, I haven't been posting pics in a while.......

Not sure mate. I'm using a L830 for my close up stuff. Easiest fix is to put some black card in a menu holder that you can easily move around to block the reflection.

Something like this:

7fglXyP.jpg

nunu78

bloody awesome .....

N.Rico

as always stunning pieces from Plankton !

GLWS .