RhonddaWatch

Tag monaco 24 concept battery change

RhonddaWatch

Hi.

The battery has died on my tag 24 concept. I've opened the watch up but cant seem to find anywhere a battery could be located. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

RhonddaWatch

Gazzla
:ttiwwop:

markeym3

Er are you sure its battery operated .... maybe try a main dealer...

Genius

Pretty sure these were either 21j or 7750 but happy to be proven wrong

Gazzla

Pretty sure these were either 21j or 7750 but happy to be proven wrong

The OP will struggle to find a battery in an auto movement methinks . . . :facepalm:

markeym3

I have seen quartz monaco's .. a cheapy rep but quartz none the less ...

RhonddaWatch

I have lots of automatic watches and this definitely does not have an automatic movement. Has a glass back with a fake (printed) automatic movement.

Gazzla

I have lots of automatic watches and this definitely does not have an automatic movement. Has a glass back with a fake (printed) automatic movement.

Post a pic mate, then we can help you.

markeym3

Ah ok I xeem tl remember the tag monaco I saw just had a solid case back , I suppose after removing the caseback You would also have to remove the decoarative cover too ..

RhonddaWatch
IMAG0875_zps6lulprk3.jpg

JSJ

Looks like a fake cosmetic cover to me but it's difficult to tell from the pic. Did you say you've had the back off?

RhonddaWatch

Yeah taken back off. That 3 pronged thing doesn't come off. Tried prying off and unscrewing but no luck.

Genius

I can see four screws that look like real screws so maybe unscrew them and see if the whole backplate comes off

RhonddaWatch

Oh yeah.I'll have a look tomorrow.

Thanks

RhonddaWatch

Removed the 4 screws but it doesn't appear to be a cover that wants to come off.

IMAG0877_zpsovadnvpj.jpg

GenTLe

If the 4 screws with the red tops that are in the 4 angles of the case are pressing against the fake rotor, I'd start unscrewing them.

It looks like the fake rotor is working as movement holder and is kept in place by these 4 screws with red tops.

Genius

If the 4 screws with the red tops that are in the 4 angles of the case are pressing against the fake rotor, I'd start unscrewing them.

It looks like the fake rotor is working as movement holder and is kept in place by these 4 screws with red tops.

Those are the only four left to come out so got to hope they work.

Wouldn't put it past a rep factory to have glued that face movement plate onto the back of the movement though but hopeful for you that GenTLe's idea works

RhonddaWatch

The 4 screws at the 4 corners hold the entire movement in place. They come about halfway up the movement so do not hold the face plate on. I can only assume it's glued on aswell which seems a bit like overkill.

markeym3

It almost looks like the rotor and metal plate its attached too needs to be prized off

It appears to be a cap over the movement ,, maybe put a screwdriver in around the edge of the rotor and give it a wee twist ..

RhonddaWatch

The last thing I've tried is to undo the 4 corner bolts to pull the movement out. It appears the stop watch plungers go into the movement so that's not coming out. I tried getting a Stanley blade between the movement and backplate but it's not moving at all. Looks like I'm not going to be using it again anytime soon.

markeym3

I still reckon its that fake rotor that needs to come off , even if you removed the plungers you would need access to remove the stem .. well if your not going to use it you may as well carry on ..

RhonddaWatch

I've had the stem out but the plungers stop the movement coming out. I thought the battery would be under the fake rotor but it doesn't seem to be the case. I'll stick it in a drawer until someone comes up with a solution.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

JSJ

Good try and bad luck it didn't work.

I suggest a lump hammer. It won't fix it but you'll certainly feel better for it.

BenjaminButton
Good try and bad luck it didn't work.

I suggest a lump hammer. It won't fix it but you'll certainly feel better for it.

Based on the view from the back .....I'd, rudely, suggest the lump hammer regardless. :)

RhonddaWatch

Sorted. The fake rotor was a very tight push fit managed to get a Stanley blade an pop it off. The battery was under the fake printed cogs. So I didn't have to get out the lump hammer.

IMAG0878_zpsob87bjmt.jpg

Thanks for all the useful and useless suggestions.

Cheers.