Sign in to follow this  
ElvisAaron

Hello from Massachusetts, USA

ElvisAaron

HI!

New member, found my way here through the web of online scams and couldn't be happier. Hoping to find a nice Daytona copy that will ship to the USA, if someone can give me a tip thatd be great. I looked at Lay's site and he has exactly what I'm after but $900 for shipping is...not gonna happen :lol:

dingle
HI!

New member, found my way here through the web of online scams and couldn't be happier. Hoping to find a nice Daytona copy that will ship to the USA, if someone can give me a tip thatd be great. I looked at Lay's site and he has exactly what I'm after but $900 for shipping is...not gonna happen :lol:

welcome to the nuthouse :popcorn:

the $900 shipping is only because of the Chinese New year which will be over 2/14 and the price will be back to normal. Take a look at the link in my signature.

:rofl:

Del

Hello and welcome :lol:.

The Daytona is a lovely watch, a real classic. However, you need to decide what movement you want - 21j, A7750 or quartz. There are big differences between them and potentially big pitfalls with the A7750.

Best to use the search facility and start reading before ordering :popcorn:.

greg_r

The most sensible place to buy a Daytona is PrestigeWatchCo, who can service and give it the 'graphite treatment' it prior to despatch (for a little extra dough), which will dramatically improve the longevity of the watch.

The problem with the 'Tona is the seconds at 6 modification to the A7750 movement. It tends to be unreliable if not well serviced. If you have a search around on here, you'll find more info on the subject.

ElvisAaron

I had no idea about all these options/differences. Definitely rethinking the daytona! I'm going to restrict my choice to the 2836 movement. Thanks all!

KBH

I was hoping you'd try on of Robert's new serviced and graphite treated ones. We need some customer feedback on how that works out.

Fiddo

Hello Elvis!

:thumbsup:

Welcome!

ElvisAaron
I was hoping you'd try on of Robert's new serviced and graphite treated ones. We need some customer feedback on how that works out.

Do you have a link to these? Not seeing it on his listings..

Dendo

Try this link - Robert's Daytonas

t begin with.

Oh and Welcome!!