Sign in to follow this  
jerofw

What oysterflex model to buy?

jerofw

Hello,

Has anybody ordered a yachtmaster oysterflex rose gold from the BP factory?? If so, how is the quality of the plating? Should I better stick to the stainless steel version for a daily beater, I am afraid the rose gold will fade quickly...

tabuktime

Not sure you'll get much response here.

This needs to be moved from the Bell and Ross forum to the Rolex one, or into GD.

James.

Anything gold 0lated is NOT a daily beater

fatarms

Gold 0lating

Anything gold 0lated is NOT a daily beater

Agreed. Gold 0lating is basically Canal Street. 0lating is what you would look for for and entry level watch. As a daily beater, 0lating is a no go.

1lating is slightly better in that the gold is slightly thicker and completely enwraps the links. You're going to pay a lot more for the 1lating, but in the long run, if you're after accuracy and being able to wear it as a daily beater for a year or two, 1lating is the way to go.

Just be aware that 1lating is going to eventually wear off one day (most likely a long while down the road.) If you are looking for something that you're going to be able to wear as a daily beater for many years, send an email to the TD's about the newly introduced 8lating. That stuff looks to be indestructible.

BadPickle

:sofa:

I had to google that :giggle:,

andyboy

Not a review of a Bell and Ross

moved

WatchaholicMallorca

I get what people say when they advise not to wear a gold watch as a daily beater. I have 5 reps and rotate them constantly so don't even have a steel daily beater... Yes it will wear off eventually but by the time that does happen a newer better model will be out...

jerofw

Thanks, what is the difference between 8lating, 1 lating, or 0lating?