Sign in to follow this  
vantuz

Quartz on 3714

vantuz

Hi,

Sorry for possible stupid question, I'm new here and want to buy my first replica and need the help of someone who knows.

I like very much the 3714 model but know already that it has many problems with the movement.

However, I don't mind if it will be a quartz version despite that it's written "quartz" on the dial.

But do someone know if the quartz movement works really fine with this watch?

Is it not as dangerous as 7750?

Does the chronograph work fine with it, or should i still wait while the hands go between 10-2 to stop and reset it as on 7750?

post-33557-0-15644200-1297386750.jpg

Look what they offer: http://www.watcheden.com/iwc-portuguese-wo...58{0}1-p-1.html

Do you think Is it worth to try to order this? On my eye it looks good just except the small missing of the "gold" at the crown. The dealers who can offer me one like this with quartz which looks most similar to the gen are also welcome!

Thank you in advance for your help!

greg_r

I wouldn't buy from WatchEden. Always a little difficult to predict what's going to arrive and how good it's going to be - they sell a lot of low-grade junk in amongst the good stuff.

I'd suggest looking at timesshop's site and also dropping ReplicaMake and MReplica a PM to see what they have available of that type.

pollux1

+1to what Greg says. Go for quartz if one of the other dealers can get it for you, in the main they are reliable and don't have to be babied the same as The A 7750 based watches and really the ticking won't be noticed by anyone else but you. Oh and welcome!

Kutio

If you have decided to accept Quartz then you are looking at a very good model. Generally quartz are very reliable anyway. I've bought a few things from then and they do mix good and the bad, but generally are reflected by price. I love buying fantasies from then and then turn them into fantasy homage watches. I don't think there is a second qualtiy of this model around anyway.