Sign in to follow this  
Phantomtech

Photo review of the new ZF IWC 5454-07 black dial, Prof AR, brown Jacob strap

Phantomtech

I originally bought this in white dial as well but I decided to sell it after seeing how similar it was to my 5001 white dial, I then sent this black dial to Prof Steve to work his magic and the watch is now breathtaking.

I know plenty of you like the slight blueish hue of the AR but I absolutely hate it, EVEN though the gen has it as well. I never understood why the gens don't have colorless AR, or some gen that don't have AR at all (looking at you Patek), to me a crystal with no AR or blueish hue looks cheap to me, even though they are bloody expensive. I sometimes like my reps better than their gen counterparts when comparing them side by side, all because of a small 100$ upgrade.

I have said this many times before, many of you say double AR is not genlike, well I know that a watch will never look like a fake because its crystal is too clear, if anything it will always looks more gen. The gens use crystals with much better clarity than our reps and in many situations our reps with double AR will look very similar to the gens that have no AR. No one will ever look at a watch with double AR and think "oh that watch must be fake since its crystal is so clear!"

I took a chance and paired the watch with a brown gator Jacob strap, unlike the black strap it comes with since I thought it added to its beauty and gave it another dimension. The strap enhances the watch immensely and it is a perfect match.

I took photos in multiple lighting conditions - direct sunlight, indirect sunlight and indoor fluorescent lighting. Please pardon the high quantity but you never know which photo and which angle will appeal to someone more... As you can see, in all situations the watch maintains its beauty. And I credit that to the wonder of the AR crystal. The dial can change from a deep black to a light charcoal.

On to the pics:

AA3cUH.jpg

tIVonW.jpg

Rz9Mg3.jpg

9KWz7W.jpg

4jMryL.jpg

YeNfnj.jpg

IZVu65.jpg

zEVzhl.jpg

nCV69O.jpg

V4tzGw.jpg

TuxQxJ.jpg

hZsb2Q.jpg

34CoUL.jpg

PFNtBC.jpg

QbBL7g.jpg

DHPyWp.jpg

IgGrZ8.jpg

jLx4U8.jpg

Dldy1E.jpg

Michael Knight

Very very nice watch, and I agree 1000% with your speech about AR in general. Prof Steve is an artist..I wish he would have a clone in Europe.

Libertatia

Very handsome indeedio..... What size are your wrists?

GC
6A540937-79B3-482D-9E63-1E2E0EC8B26C_zpskv7tafjr.gif

wanged

Handsome looking watch. Wear it in good health.

henrychinaski

This looks amazing. I'm seriously considering picking a white dial version up very soon!

Alfanut

A very classy looking watch indeed.

adaptive

I love that AR