Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

quick release? Pins on pam 328 not looking in

kolchak

Hi

Recently bought 1st few reps from robert - pam 328,111, 292. Would like to post pics but I can barely change a light bulb unassisted. hoping to have it down by the time better straps arrive from mr tat & steve0.

Anyway, after removing stock rep strap on 328, I can't get pins to go all the way in & lock in place. They stick out ~ 1 mm. The quick release system is perfect on the 111 but not sure what I'm doing wrong on the 328.

Thanks much

wat44

They are a bit tricky until you do it the first time.

A bit like finding the clitoris.

Once you've got it, you'll be right.

wat44

Oops - forgot to tell you how!

Get a toothpick or similar thing that won't mark. Push the release and the toothpick at the same time to get it in, and it click in no worries. Like I say, the first time is the hardest.

prestigewatchco

Quick release is maybe not the right description

Best way I have found is to press the button slightly when reinserting pin if it fails remove pin and try again never force the button or it will come out and thats the end of it then

Coctail stick is best thing to use they are tricky though so maybe an idea to only fit a band you are going to be happy with long term

Baldrick
A bit like finding the clitoris.

Clitoris, is that a watch term, located next to the hairspring perhaps :lol:

Personally I never understood why you you would drop a simple mechanical system of screws for a more complicated spring-loaded oxymoronic system, removing old fashioned screws ain't rocket science JMO :)

wat44

The little button you have press to remove stem is hard to find too...

greg_r
Personally I never understood why you you would drop a simple mechanical system of screws for a more complicated spring-loaded oxymoronic system, removing old fashioned screws ain't rocket science JMO :gday_mate_haveabeer:

+1

Even now I've gotten the hang of the so-called 'quick release' it still takes me about twice as long to change a strap as it did with the old screw lugs. It doesn't help that you really need three hands to do it. They've managed to make it almost as fiddly as the Radiomir wire lugs... Fortunately I don't change straps often.

prestigewatchco

If you can find a set those little brass band tools that used to come with IWC are perfect for changing bands on these they fit the button and the lug bar holes perfectly and being sofr brass don't mark the case either

Still a major production though and a lot harder than the old scew system

greg_r

Good tip. Currently I'm using plastic cocktail sticks :gday_mate_haveabeer:

prestigewatchco

tell the truth G I tend to use coctail sticks more often than not can never seem to find the little brass ones when I need them. But if you saw my desk you would see why!!

kolchak

the 111 has same "quick" release and I can push the button & easily slide pins back in place with my finger. After extensive time monkeying around with the 328 (sans band) they just won't lock in place. I tried using a link removing tool and exerting some force but they wont budge.

??

Edited by kolchak