Sign in to follow this  
part_timer

PAM 219 - hour hand not lining up on the hour.

part_timer

Greetings! :D

Now then gentlemen. I purchased one of the new PAM 219's from Replica Make last month, and I am very happy with it, it's been working fine.

I haven't worn it for a few days so yesterday I gave it a full wind and perhaps advanced a turn a tiny bit where you get the fully wound resistance feedback.

Wore it all day, didn't notice anything untill I glanced at it around 7:30 and it was reading 8:30!

That's odd I thought, and I reset it. Checked it again after a while and it was keeping time again.

But then I noticed, the hour hand was misaligned. When reading 9 o'clock, the minute hand is on 12 but the hour is between 9 & 10, well closer to the 9, but still that's no good.

Only thing I can think of is that I reached into a toolbag yesterday afternoon that has one of those extendable pen type pick up magnets in one of the pouches, but I'm sure my wrist and the watch couldn't have come into contact with it.

The watch hasn't been dropped or banged at all. I have one of those cheap ebay demagnetizers that I will use later when I get home, just incase it's that. But I fail to see how that will pull back the hour hand in sync with the hour markers?

What else could possibly be going on here? What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

*Pic

pam219wonky2.jpg

greg_r

That's odd, unless the hour hand is actually loose (which I suppose is possible) I don't quite see how it could have moved since purchase.

It's easy enough for a watchsmith to reset the hand positions- but it means removal of the movement. I suggest having a word with Lay as he may be able to suggest a way forward with this.

prestigewatchco

At a guess I would say hour hand has come loose shake it and see if it moves about

EDIT

AH AH brilliant minds and all that G

narikaa

Hour hand slipped on the stem

What to do

What to do

SeppGood.jpg

part_timer

Seppuku? Nein! ;)

Well I gave the watch a good ol' shake and no hour hand movement. So I guess I'll have to get the case opened to fix it.

I don't know anyone near me who can do this, + the Rep issues of popping into a high st jewelers.

Now I do have case opening equipment and a movement holder and hand lifters that I bought on a whim last year, but I daren't get my sticky digits on such a fine looking piece. :D

I'll send Lay a pic + expliantion see what he advises, but I don't fancy shipping it back n forth etc

Thanks for your replies! :)

** Lay suggested contacting Brightlight, hmmm damn and blast, he's not taking any new jobs on is he? :lmao2: