Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Rotary Aquaspeed AGB00045

KeNnY
Yes Kenny, but you don't have it on a PloProf yet, do you :(

Ploprof is on route to me, but there is no tracking number for it, so it is pain in the ass for not knowing where it the watch ! ;)

And bracelet is also on route to me from Canada, so I bet my 2 € that it will came this or next week :lol:

greg_r

Incidentally, the links on the Rotary bracelet fit with screws not pins. Fucking tiny little screws. Do I have a screwdriver small enough? Do I hell! :lol:

It's on the rubber strap now - I'll pick up a screwdriver in the next day or two - local model shop should have something small enough, I think..

Mik
Incidentally, the links on the Rotary bracelet fit with screws not pins. Fucking tiny little screws. Do I have a screwdriver small enough? Do I hell! :lol:

It's on the rubber strap now - I'll pick up a screwdriver in the next day or two - local model shop should have something small enough, I think..

I know a famous hypnotizer that goes by the name of “Lord of the Trails (99)†that also sells screwdrivers and tools in a (not so famous) forum.

Nice watch! ;)

BUT

I’m more and more tempted on the Plop-Plop… :( (will begin therapy soon)

PGL

My goodness... beautiful watch indeed. And it looks a hell lot better with that beautiful mesh bracelet... congrats! ;)

trailboss99

Bracelets hard to come by? Nooooooobs you are! :lol:

The One Kenny knows of the secret, believe I do.

Revealed for all of you it is: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Seiko150m-shop

Col.

Luthier

Greg, if you have this beaut, why the hell you need ugly FoolProof?

solkryssare

Wow!! Very nice retro diver! Veeeeeeeeeeeeery nice!

KeNnY

Thank you Master Col, for opening their eyes to the force !

MikeMcNair

What is a "TRL"?

Luthier
What is a "TRL"?

Thin Red Line

On the plastic, that covering the caseback.

Removing TRL could damage the mov't.

:)

greg_r
Bracelets hard to come by? Nooooooobs you are! :D

The One Kenny knows of the secret, believe I do.

Revealed for all of you it is: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Seiko150m-shop

Col.

Col - the discussion was about the Rotary bracelet, which is higher quality and of slightly different construction to the similar style versions that Kenny (or you) linked to. Having said that, I reckon the 'vintage Omega' style bracelet that Baldrick has (the tapered one that was also on your linked page and is available from suppaparts too) is possibly better than either. Meantime, I think the Rotary Mesh is going to stay on the Rotary. :)

Inushuk

Fuck me ! ... Very Nice Watch Greg .... and good choice for the Ploprof I like it too .. :)

greg_r

Okay, managed to get the bracelet adjusted. Quick and dirty iPhone wristie...

aquaspd_w.jpg

Baldrick

If you ain't got 'mesh', then you're in a mess, great watch Greg, looking better by the minute, and yes you're right, the tapered bracelet I have is a real beauty, so comfortable to wear, I had some small concerns about hairs on my wrist being snagged, hasn't happened and don't expect it to, I've been wearing the Ploppy for over 5 months now as a daily beater and it hasn't let me down yet, only downside I find is the weight, which is no problem for me, it just takes a good bit of oscillation to keep the bugger wound, if you're sitting in an accounts office at a keyboard all day, you're not gonna juice it up, other than that, superb rep. :bcake:

graman

Wow!....That's a fantastic watch!

If you ain't got 'mesh', then you're in a mess, great watch Greg, looking better by the minute, and yes you're right, the tapered bracelet I have is a real beauty, so comfortable to wear, I had some small concerns about hairs on my wrist being snagged, hasn't happened and don't expect it to, I've been wearing the Ploppy for over 5 months now as a daily beater and it hasn't let me down yet, only downside I find is the weight, which is no problem for me, it just takes a good bit of oscillation to keep the bugger wound, if you're sitting in an accounts office at a keyboard all day, you're not gonna juice it up, other than that, superb rep. :bcake:

Yep..I like the ploppy too.....

n18lld

Great holiday watch but..........

If you lie in the sun the bezel insert glue heats up. Then you go for a swim and the fucking insert falls out. Arghhhhh!

imagejpg1_zps60c4fbf2.jpg

gareth

don't say that I am putting one up in m2m soon as soon as my ploppy is back from Kenny :)

Del
Great holiday watch but.......... If you lie in the sun the bezel insert glue heats up. Then you go for a swim and the fucking insert falls out. Arghhhhh! imagejpg1_zps60c4fbf2.jpg

Ouch!

Rotary watches come with lifetime guarantees so you should try claiming them for a repair. ;)

n18lld
Great holiday watch but.......... If you lie in the sun the bezel insert glue heats up. Then you go for a swim and the fucking insert falls out. Arghhhhh! imagejpg1_zps60c4fbf2.jpg

Ouch!

Rotary watches come with lifetime guarantees so you should try claiming them for a repair. ;)

Must be registered with them from what I gather. Got this no box via m2m.

Del

Ouch!

I'd contact them anyway and chance my arm. Tell them the dog ate the guarantee. :D

n18lld

Ouch!

I'd contact them anyway and chance my arm. Tell them the dog ate the guarantee. :D

Got to provide proof it's been serviced every 3 years too. Picked up a spares or repair on eBay for a tenner plus postage. I'll swap the bezel insert and it also gives me the spare rubber strap to use also.